Carribean Princess vs Mariner of the Seas

Airpezman

Here are the two ships that I am debating between. I don't care about where they are going; just the ships.

What are the big "draws" of each ship?

Is one ship "classier"? (in your mind)

Is one ship better for Entertainment/ Night Life?

What are the options for food at 2 AM? (just curious lol)

PEZ

I will be able to tell you in about 3 months-but I have not done Caribbean Princess yet.

I asked a similiar question on the Princess board back in March-and got some very good responses-maybe if you do a search you can find it. Several people had cruised both ships and most liked CP best.

The biggest differance I see is price-I am getting a balcony on CP for what I paid for an atruim cabin on MOS.

and ofcourse the CP does not have the skating rink, rock climbing wall, putt-putt course and Johnny Rockets-but since I was not impressed with any of that-it does not matter to me.

If I could go back and rebook last year's cruise I would book a radience class ship if I wanted to do RCI-I understand the radience class is really nice.

I've not sailed the CB, but I was on the Crown, close enough. If you want a REALLY good comparison go to MerionMoms post of last week. She got it spot on.

the Crown is more elegant. I also think Princess does a better job with Trivia etc. The Mariner has more things to do that are active. Both are comparable in the pool games department.

I cannot stand MUTS. Sorry. Just too loud.

The specialty restaurants, from what OTHERS said on the Crown (was supposed to go the last night. Did not happen. Did not have a last night) are comparable, with a nod to Chops on the Mariner (our experience in Chops was wonderful).

Both ships are comparable in most areas EXCEPT there is not enough storage space on the Crown compared to the Mariner. RCI uses it's cabin space better. This is just my opinion btw.

Truly, you will do well to book either ship and be very happy. Again I know you are looking at the CB, but the Crown is VERY similar in most respects.

My vote would have to go to the MOS. As far a "classy" goes, I would give the edge to Princess. Boy...this is tough! When I'm forced to "compare" each issue they almost seem side by side. I loved the buffet on the MOS but the CB serves lobster on their buffet several nights. I didn't care for MUTS but loved the ice skating on MOS. The aft pool on CB was cool looking and shady but small IMO. The adults only pool on MOS was great, as was the huge hot tub. Gosh...just put them both in a hat and draw one! You can't go wrong-these are two big, beautiful ships.:D Whatever you decide...have a wonderful cruise:)

I brought up my thread for another person on the princess board. She was comparing Freedom of the Seas to Caribbean Princess. Some very good info there- around 5 or 6 people posted that had done both ships.

Maybe it will help you. I know I did not care for MOS but those posts convinced me I would like the CP.

Archived