Carnival Valor Amenities in Cabin?

NANTCKET

Hi. Just a few quick questions as I pack for our Western Caribbean Valor cruise coming up on 8/6. We have a Verandah balcony room. Do they still provide bathrobes? What comes in the little amenity basket these days? (Do we need to pack shaving cream?). Is there a DVD player in the room? What are the emergency numbers for the ship in case my family should need to reach me? Did anyones's cell phones work in Grand Cayman or Costa Maya? (We have Verizon Wireless) Thanks all!

Christine

Hi. Just a few quick questions as I pack for our Western Caribbean Valor cruise coming up on 8/6. We have a Verandah balcony room. Do they still provide bathrobes? What comes in the little amenity basket these days? (Do we need to pack shaving cream?). Is there a DVD player in the room? What are the emergency numbers for the ship in case my family should need to reach me? Did anyones's cell phones work in Grand Cayman or Costa Maya? (We have Verizon Wireless) Thanks all!

Christine

Yes on the bathrobes... the amenity baskets are always different, generally razors, toothpaste, sometimes shaving cream... but never the same thing it seems.

No DVD player.

The number is in your docs... I don't have it handy.

I don't have Verizon, but Cingular worked in both... get an international plan if you want to use your service in ports... especially GC.

All OV and above cabins have robes. Amenity baskets vary with each of my cruises. Sometimes - Toothbrush, razors, comb, deodorant, soap, sample packets of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tooth whitener - always something different on each cruise. I've never seen any samples of shaving cream.

I THINK on Valor and the newer ships, bathrobes are in every cabin... I THINK... I thought I had heard that others had bathrobes, but I can't be certain!! :D But if you don't have one, I think you can ask your steward for one...

Archived