Hawaii Prince Hotel-can you see cruise ships?

Tedson

We just booked this hotel for one night pre-cruise. It overlooks the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor. For anyone who has stayed here-I wonder if you can see the cruise ships as they sail by on their way to the Port? That would be so great! :)

Actually, I suppose it might be possible to see the cruise ships going in and out. I remember being at Michel's on the Beach with a sunset beach view one night (the other end of Waikiki) and seeing the PoAm leaving port (albeit in the distance) ... so I suppose it might be possible to see the cruise ships from the Hawaii Prince as well. As long as you have an ocean view room, that is. :D

It's a nice hotel. I remember being impressed with the bathrooms when I was there last (which admittedly was close to 10 yrs ago now)

Spleen

All the rooms are supposedly facing the Harbor/ocean, but it may depend on what floor we get. Since we went through Priceline, I'd imagine they'll stick us on one of the lower floors. Yeah, reading about the all marble bathrooms is one of the things that sold me on this hotel. Thanks Spleen. :)

tedson, We booked the same hotel through priceline. Curious to know what kind of offer was accepted for you. Ours was approx. 150.00, we may have done it a bit early but everything else was in place and wanted to make all the plans final. I too have heard all good reviews on the hotel. That would be awesome to see the ships set sail.

$150 sounds about right for Priceline for the hotel. The normal room rates are much higher. :) Old bids have been accepted for around $110-120 range before but I haven't heard of anybody getting it that cheap for a while.

Spleen

We paid $150 on priceline for a 7/9 stay. The hotel was very nice but completelely sold out the night we stayed. We wanted a king sized bed but got two doubles instead. They offered no late check-out that day. The view was incredible, overnight parking was reasonable too. We went to Pearl Harbour the morning of our cruise. And we went to the North Shore the night before. Both are worthy of a visit.

I stayed here some three years ago after winning a Priceline Bid. I E-mailed the Hotel two day before our arrival and asked if we could get a window of the ocean side if possible. When we got there they had us stay on floor 23 with an ocean view. My wife who knows me as Mr. Cheap just could not figure out what was going on. We walked into the hotel room with the sun setting and there was a small cruise ship sailing by (Local evening dinner cruise) my wife just couldn't believe what she was seeing. There was free parking for customer in a covered garage. Note: the marina is right there and there is free 24 hour parking. This is probably one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed at and I know anyone staying here will completely enjoy their stay. Have a nice time. Tim

Nieuwcruiser...I began my bidding at $120,used free rebids and was accepted at $130. On the same day, Hotwire had a "Customer Favorite" for $174 and I'm fairly sure it was the HP, so I think we got a pretty good deal. Considering the rack rate, I think you also got a good deal @ $150.

Mammamia2...I've heard October is 'off season' for Hawaii, so maybe it won't be sold out. In our case, a late checkout would be great, since our cruise on Serenade of the Seas begins boarding on the 5th but doesn't depart till 6 P.M. on the 6th, meaning we pretty much have all day of the 5th to board.

Tim...thanks for sharing your experience. After reading your comments, I'm convinced we made the right choice. That would be great if they put us on a higher floor even though we went through Priceline. :)

Archived