Venice Card

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience using the Venice Card?

We are arriving Venice on Millennium and will be flying out to Tampa three days later. I am wondering where to pick up the card if I order it now online. The website says if you are using the Allilaguna for airport transportation you should pick up your card at the airport. Since we are only using it for our return trip, we aren't going to be anywhere close to the airport to pick up our card when we disembark in Venice.

Thanks much.

Rosann

We got a Venice card when we were in Venice in 2003 coming off the Golden. We picked our card up in a booth near the Piazza Roma. You could then also pick it up at a booth near St Marks.

When we got ours we got the deluxe version, transportation, museums and bathrooms. We never used the bathroom option and when we got home we figured out the best we did was break even on the museums and transportation. When someday we go back I would probably just get a transportation card from ACTV for the waterbuses and just pay my way into the museums.

The one good thing about the card was they had special lines for people with the Venice card so that may make the card worth it.

We had reserved out card but planned on paying for it with a credit card. When we got to the booth they told us we had to pay for it in cash in euros and luckily we had enough to get our cards.

I tried to find the section on the Venice card site where it says where you can pick up the card but I can't find it. I know it used to be there but I can't find it now.

Have a great next cruise and enjoy your stay in Venice.

I, too, used the Venice Card last year and it's benefit to me was the inclusion of the Service from the Airport to San Marco at the beginning and the end of my trip. The other services of public toilets etc were never used by us, there were plenty of facilities in cafes and so on.

Without the airport service it is much more convenient (and cheaper) to buy a three day pass at one of the main landing stages for the vaporetti.

The ACTV Travel Cards at 12 euros for a 1 day card and 25 euros for a 3 day card are good value however you will find that you do more walking in Venice than you bargained for as it is great fun to explore the alleyways and backstreets

Archived