Laundry

ronnarel

Has anyone had experience with the laundry on the Destiny( or any other ship for that matter.) Do they use hot water(shinkage my wife says).She realy probably won't even use it but would like to know just in case.

Ronn

The laundry that you can get the stewards to take care of 1-2 times per week (pretty sure it was offered twice), I had no problems with shrinkage. Then again, they just give you a plastic bag for items like tshirts, shorts, panties, sleepwear, etc. Jeans and items like that really won't fit. We forced 25 items into this bag though for $15 :) I wouldn't count on that many normally though- we just got lucky.

The self-serve machines give you the option to choose your water temperature. There is a laundry on each floor if I'm not mistaken.

We had laundry done on the Destiny ($15 deal). Most came out clean but very wrinkled, a couple of my pull-overs came back about 3 sizes smaller. Still, not a bad deal for the items the ship recommends.:o

there are also self service laundries on each floor. One morning on the way to brieakfast we threw in a small load, went to breakfast and by the time we came back up it was washed. Put the stuff in the dryer went to our room and got ready for the day. Stopped by the laundry room and picked up our stuff .

They were regular washers with tempature setting etc, but coin operated. I think it was a 1$ per wash and 1$ per dryer and the detergent I think was 1$ or 1.50.

Since then I bought more undies and stuff so this doesn't become an issue.

One of the last days they offered a bag, with however much you could fit in it for 10-12$,but it was limited to underwear, t-shirts,etc.

Archived