OT...sad, so sad.

Danno

While we are all musing over when to cruise and what to wear (me included) I would like to relate to all my CC friends something that happened to one of our citizens this past week.

This nice lady teaches at the high school close to where I live...her mother and son, 71 and 13 years I think. were traveling west to visit an aunt. They flew to Edmontom and rented a car to drive to Calgary. They never made it...this poor lady lost her mother and a son in one split second. And some poor truck driver will have to live with this for the rest of his life (he was not at fault).

Enjoy your cruises. Enjoy your time with your kids. Enjoy life...it can all change so fast.

Danno,

Thanks for putting things into perspective. As we all worry about what to wear when, smuggling alchohol, embarkation-debarkation problems, etc. there are people out there with real, serious and terrible tragedies to contend with. My prayers are with this poor woman, I can't imagine ever having to deal with such a thing.

Susan

How very sad, my heart goes out to this poor lady and her family.

We must always try to put things into the proper perspective and this serves as a reminder to us all to think of those who are suffering at this time or who are less fortunate than ourselves.

There are many people who have sadness in their family life and they try so desperately to carry on and find a purpose and a reason.

I am sure that there are many visitors on these boards who are bereaved or who have a great burden. I certainly have my own at the moment so maybe we can all take a moment to think of this poor lady and indeed to think of all others who are similarly saddened at this time.

A geat post

Thanks for the reminder.

Archived