Oceania First Timer

PBfromDC

Hi Folks,

My partner and I are thinking about booking the Miami-Provence trans-Atlantic and were hoping for some advice. We've not been on Oceania before. We're regulars (once or twice a year) on Silversea and really like that product. But the timing, route and prices of the Oceania trans-Atlantic are appealing and while open to new adventures, we want to make sure we're going to fit in and enjoy the trip. Anyone done both Silversea and Oceania? If so, how do they compare? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Perry

Hi, Perry. I have never sailed Silverseas; but I did try my first Oceania cruise on Regatta in the E. Med. a few months ago. My first impression was.... WOW! The itinerary was so port intensive; & I was so worn out most of the time that I didn't really get to enjoy the ship. So, in order to do just that I came home & immediately booked the Mar 23rd MIA/PROV sailing on Regatta. Is that by chance the sailing you are considering? (If so, there is a roll call for this sailing w/ 7 posters already booked.) What I can say is, that Oceania was everything I had read about. I loved it as much (& in some instances more) as the Crystal Serenity. I loved the ship's size; & the decor was very much to my liking. Now whether I'll think the smaller size is a negative w/ 10 days at sea... we'll just have to wait & see. If you haven't done so yet, go to the Silverseas board & see if someone has already made this comparison. I'm sure someone will help you with your dilemma soon. Good luck w/ you decision. And maybe we'll see each other onboard.

Archived