Norwegian Sun ---Alaska --Lobster Night

DALLIEDOG

Our last two cruises were on the Dream and the Star - don't plan on getting even a moderate size lobster tail - on both ships the lobster tails were very small and really quite tasteless. I've also read that the lobster you get in the "pay" restaurants isn't much better. I wouldn't quit cruising on NCL because of the food, but the food quality and selections have gone down over the past few years.

I wouldn't quit cruising on NCL because of the food, but the food quality and selections have gone down over the past few years.

I'd say that's true of all mainstream cruise lines nowadays.

If the food in the Main Dining Rooms were of the same quality as years back, there probably wouldn't be a need for all of the pay restaurants we now see on the ships.

Proposition>>>Do you think they lowered the quality of the food to "force" you to go to the pay restaurants???? They would make money on both ends by doing that…………

Just a word of warning.

On our NCL Wind cruise last summer, there was some kind of sauce on the lobster. I've read since then that it's standard on NCL lobster.

I certainly plan to request the sauce "on the side" on our cruise next month!;)

Kinda stands to reason that as the passegers lower their dress standards that the cruise line would lower it's standards also. Just my thought on the matter.:)

Please don't compare Freestyle cruising to lowering dress standards. Freestyle is about choice and not standards. My choice to not dress up and your choice to dress up. You completely do not understand freestyle if you think it is about lowering standards. You can still dress up any night on NCL and not feel out of place. That is Freestyle.

Simply put: I will not cruise RCCL, HAL or Carnival because of their dress codes.

You consider Freestyle lowering of standards, I consider RCCL, Carnival and HALs dress codes to be "stuck up dress codes."

I also sailed on Sun the first week of July and they ran out of lobster. I fully agree that the food and seating are the pits and forced us to pay for dinners. I don't know if I will sail again just because of Freestyle dining. I have been on 2 other cruise lines and you do not have to be all the "dressed" up for dinner.

I thought the lobster was delicious! No sauce on it but they did come around with butter sauce. It was offered on Sunday - optional formal night. We just came back from our wonderful cruise yesterday. I do have all the FreeStyle Dailys if anyone has any questions........

Doreen

I also sailed on Sun the first week of July and they ran out of lobster. I fully agree that the food and seating are the pits and forced us to pay for dinners. I don't know if I will sail again just because of Freestyle dining. I have been on 2 other cruise lines and you do not have to be all the "dressed" up for dinner.

What you said previously was that the food was terrible and you couldn't find a place to sit once you had it. Could you please tell me if you ate only in the buffets as the dining rooms seat you and then give you your meal.

-Monte

I must say that our trip to Alaska was wonderful and the weather was perfect. I will not take NCL again. It was my 4th cruise and as the boards have said the food was not good and trying to find a seat once you had food was crazy!!!

Obviously momcruiser2 only ate at the buffet if she had to "find a seat" - her loss. Too bad she is badmouthing NCL food without actually eating in the dining rooms.

I never had any problems on my two Sun cruises but then I did not eat at the buffet - I ate in the dining rooms where I was seated by a hostess and served my food by waiters.

Must be a buffet only eater. You do not have to dress up in the buffets on any ship that I know of.

Archived