"GRAND" QUESTIONS FOR THE NEW GIRL

meandralph

My husband and I are going on the Grand 11/27/04. We have never sailed Princess before and are very excited. Since everyone else seems to be asking, how about B721 ? Are there tioletries available and does Princess issue towels for shore days? I have been on other cruises that did. Any other info would be great. Thanks MEANDRALPH

We sailed on the Grand Princess last September and had a wonderful cruise....even with Hurricane Isabel flirting with us!! :D

We didn't stay in a cat B cabin so someone else will help you with that but I can tell you that Princess does have toiletries in the bathroom...soap, shampoo and conditioner...from the lotus spa. I quite liked them but I do remember someone saying they found the shampoo dried their hair out quite badly. If you have problem hair you may want to bring some of your own shampoo.

Pool towels are available in your cabin when you board. If you use them they will be replaced daily. If you need or want more than the 2 pool towels that are provided all you have to do is ask your room steward. You may also take the pool towels with you when you go ashore. Just remember to bring them back. Princess "threatens" that you will be charged for missing towels but I have never heard or read of that happening to anyone.

Also, if terry robes are not available in your cabin when you arrive and you want the use of them during your cruise your steward will bring some to you. He will also provide a fruit bowl that you can have replenished as needed.

Have a wonderful cruise aboard the Grand. She is a lovely ship!

Welcome to Princess!!! I think you are really going to love it. The Grand is a beautiful ship, Big, but a small town feel. Lots of nooks and crannys for privacy. Happy and friendly crew. There are toiletries provided and will be replenished as used. If you prefer a certain type you can bring your own. @ blue and white pool towels are brought to your cabin each day. You may take them on shore if you wish. Any other questions, just throw them our way. lots of great people here that are happy to help!! :)

We loved the grand as well and our favorite spot was the whirlpool top deck aft, it was big enough to swim in and a perfect spot to watch the ships wake. Plus there are tons of chairs up there that were never used and if you want a swim the adult pool is one deck down. Have a super cruise.

Hi MEANDRALPH. Sure is a pleasant suprise to see y'all are still around. We sure would love to see ya back on the NOVEMBER 27TH ROLL CALL THREAD. We have picked up some additional posters who have a wealth of knowledge and we miss y'all.bye.gif

Sailed on the Grand in April.One of the pools has a retractable roof over it that they closed in the evening,opened during the day,although this was in the Caribbean.I would think they would keep it covered in cooler weather in a cooler climate.They are not heated.We froze the first day in Ft. Lauderdale in Neptunes pool,jumped right in thinking they were heated!

Hey Jackie,

I think they have the ability to heat them but maybe they only do in cooler weather. When we were on the Island in November the first day the aft pool was freezing. The second day it was nice and warm.

Scott

The adult pool on the Grand is, of course, aft. You will be very close. Just go to the stairway near your cabin and up one flight and head towards the rear of the ship (not very far) and you come out to the adult pool. This pool is not heated. We were in the Caribbean and it was very warm temp. One of the staff stopped by to "test the water" and I asked him to turn the heater on - I was told by my TA the pools were heated - NOT. He smiled and said the Grand class ships did not have heated pools. He did say the water was 72 degrees F. Well when it is 95 and humid, 72 does not cut it :eek: The good news is by Thursday it was almost swimable. The fun part was watching everyone start in and the faces people would make. :)

The staff member did mention a pool midships that was indoors. We never did make it there tho. We loved the adult pool area, near Horizon Court and all the other neat places, like a jacquzi, etc. Also shady area for those of us who can no longer sun worship. And as previous posters advised, you will get beach towels but you have to turn them back in at end of trip or there is a charge.

You will love the Grand.

Jackie, I'm doing good. I've heard the same rumor about the CP pools. I've also heard Chris say he recalled them being up at 1:00am when he walked by. I wonder if anyone knows for a fact that they are closing them at midnight or did they just see a pool being closed for cleaning? If they are closed is it only a CP thing or fleetwide??

For us midnight is about as late as we've been in the pools so it wouldn't be the end of the world. It is still better than alot of the lines that close them before dark.

I'm available to go on the CP and verify this first hand if anybody is willing to cover the expenses :)

Scott

Archived