Tux too much for specialty restaurants?

ChrisMiss

Hi Everyone --

Going to the Med on the Millie in the fall and want to dine once in the Olympic.

Have been struggling with the whole dress code issue, read everything I could find on here, and I don't think what I'm planning to bring for my husband for the informal dining nights will be enough for the Olympic, so I was wondering if a tux would be too dressy? Are most men at the specialty restaurants in jackets and ties? Would it matter if we do the Olympic on a formal night -- then the tux won't be out of place?

Thanks a bunch!

Chris

We have enjoyed the dining in the Olympic. My DH has always worn a sports jacket or suit when dining there and would feel out of place in less. I saw where many were very dressed up. I think it would be quite nice to wear a tux and treat your evening as such a special occasion. If it is not formal night, yes, I do think you may be the only one dining in a tux but oh how handsome you will be.

We wear our formal wear all the time in the the speciality restaurants. It makes the experience extra special. Since the staff does their best in service, why not complete the experience in nice formal wear.

My wife and I dined in the Summit Specialty restaurant during a formal night on our recent cruise this past March and I wore a tuxedo. Most other men also had a tuxedo on as well. We also dined during an informal evening and I wore a Sports Jacket and tie on that evening and the other men in the restaurant did likewise. But, if you want to be dressier on an informal night that is fine as well.

I can't say enough about the specialty restaurant. The food, the service and the overall ambience of the restaurant made each evening in the specialty restaurant an outstanding dining experience. Each meal lasted approximately 2 1/2 hours. A wonderful experience.

Keith

It looks like your are planning on doing formal night in the Olympic. If this is the case then the Tux would be preferred.

The dress code for is for the public areas throughout the evening, not just the main dining room.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived