Just Those Last 5-10LBs...

VampyBuff

I'm like most of you-most people probably think I'm thin-average (5'5" around 130lbs). Well, I've been the same weight for about 10yrs now-fluctuating maybe 5lbs at the most. Last year at this time, I went down to 123lbs (was so excited-havent seen that since middle school!). Well of course, now I'm back up closer to 130 which frustrates me. And genetically I'm one of those who carries all of my weight in my stomach-so I've never been "thin" (at least I dont see myself that way). No matter how low I get, my stomach just isn't tiny. I try to eat super healthy-breakfast is one serving (yes I measure!) of cereal or oatmeal (might "splurge" on a bagel or eggs some days) and instead of lunch I graze all day-so I eat about every 2hrs. For my grazing, I eat fruit, one piece then two hours later, another piece. After that, usually a small snack around 100-150 calories (pretzels, trail mix, etc). Dinner is probably the hardest, but I eat a lot of chicken it seems. Sometimes I have a snack at night, depending how late dinner is. For workouts-one day cardio (about 40-45min, sometimes two days if I'm lucky!), one day pilates, one day body pump (weight lifting class). Being a teacher, its so hard to fit in more workouts-with after school meetings, grading, planning, cleaning, etc...its just impossible (and I have no kids of my own yet!!). So, I'm looking for any suggestions to help me get back down before my cruise in Feb....my thought now is to add another day of cardio and eat a lot of soup for dinner! Haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Winsor pilates (the one from the infomertials) are great. you can find a huge selection them easily on e-bay.

my cruise is in january 2008 and i just started getting back into pilates. i wanna feel comfortable in my gown on formal night. thats my goal.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I thought I would post some progress here.

My workout TurboJam (from the infomercials) It's great fast paced and keeps me moving. My work also started a stairs contest. Since I work in the branch I am on the first floor. I climb 17 flights up and then back down every morning and evening before and after work. I still go home and do TurboJam. 2 nights of cardio, 2 nights abs, 1 night lower body (but if sore from stairs, I do abs.

OK, OK... results. I started a size 12 in my suit pants. I cannot wear them anymore, way too big. I am now in an 8. 2 WHOLE SIZES! Everyone keep up the work, and let's hear the progress!

Archived