"Chevre D'or" hotel in Eze

We will be in Eze at the end of November and would love to have lunch/dinner here but am not sure if it will be open. I've looked at the website but not sure if it is the hotel that is closed from Oct - or if that includes the restaurant too. I'm hoping someone can help. Thanks!

We called the hotel and made reservations in May. A table overlooking the coast with a view that streched from Cannes to the border of Italy. Our ship looked like a bathtub toy at Villefranc.

One of the five best meals i have ever had but when you add in ambiance it was the number one! Lunch for 6 was 660 euros. Has we passed on the glass of Dom Perignon handed to us as we waited for our table (25 euros a glass) the bill would have been 500 euros and that would have been a bargain!

When you factor in the quality of food, the level of service, the atmosphere, the view, etc., that really was a bargain.

Ask the concierge to show you the presidential suite if it's empty (they will gladly do so).

It has a private swimming pool and an absolutely amazing view and facilities.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

We will definitely plan on going there when they are open....sounds like a heavenly place to be, albeit pricy.

Gunther and Una - do have any alternative recommendations for lunch/dinner in the area? Looking for something comparable in terms of ambiance and wonderful food. I've checked 2006 Relais & Chateaux book but don't know which places would be open at the end of Nov.

Also, if you have thoughts on similar places near Livorno, Rome, and Naples. Been to the touristy spots and would like to concentrate on relaxing and eating our way through Europe this time. Many thanks!

Gunther and Una - do have any alternative recommendations for lunch/dinner in the area? Looking for something comparable in terms of ambiance and wonderful food. I've checked 2006 Relais & Chateaux book but don't know which places would be open at the end of Nov.
Sorry, I'm not CruisinGerman, but: There is another good hotel/restaurant in Eze village, of a similar sort of quality. I can't remember its name off the top of my head and I don't have my Michelin here, but it should be fairly easy to find it. It's possible that that is open even if the Chevre d'Or is not.

No decent places in Naples but go down to Positano or Sorrento and you will be in luck. In Rome you must go to Giorosto Toscano. No need to visit the vatican, the veal chop is as close to God as us mere mortals can hope! When we were in Siena we used a wine touring guide. In Livorno last november we had called them again and they came and picked us up. we went to one winery only for about 2 hours and then to a restaurant on the sand of the beach in Miramar. They told us it was rated one of the 10 best restaurants in Italy by wine spectator. Wine spectator was correct!

We second the suggestion of Giorosto , go early line forms down stairs waiting for tables. Located at the head of the Via Veneto in the wall, not to miss! we had stayed at Chevre d'Or years ago , had one lunch and two outstanding dinners , we able to dine against the glass with its great views not cheap but worth it. Enjoy!

If anyone has been watching Passport to Europe with Samantha Brown this past week on the Travel Channel, she went to Eze and stayed and ate at Chateau Eza - it looked amazing. After seeing it on the show I have it on my list as a must place to stop.

Lynn

Archived