Cunard Travel Insurance

maxor6

I haven't compared it to others but I have used the Cunard Insurance several times and did have to cancel a QE crossing due to illness in the family and the claim was handled with ease and quickly.

I haven't compared it to others but I have used the Cunard Insurance several times and did have to cancel a QE crossing due to illness in the family and the claim was handled with ease and quickly.[/quote

I have used Cunard Care (By Berkely Care) and I have used other insurers- I use Travel Insured frequently.

I will soon find out how easy they are to deal with, as I have just had to cancel Marc's father and his wife from our 2 September cruise. They were quite nice on the phone. They will mail out the forms to be signed by them and the physician Monday from New York, and say the claim takes about 4-6 weeks to process. Cunard is especially reasonable for the older passenger, as the insurance is not age based. Travel Insured was much higher for Marc's Dad and wife due to their ages, but their coverage is generally greater. (Higher claims allowed) Cunard has a policy, stated in your documents that if you are excluded from reimbursement for a cancel due to pre-existing condition, they will give you a travel credit in the amount of the unreimbursed portion.

For more info on the coverage Berkely Care provides, go to http://www.travelclaim.com

I do not know if there is any difference between US and Europe. This is all US info.

If you need more specific info, I can give you that which is in our documents for the 2 Sept cruise.

Karie,

who hopes Berkely is easy to deal with!

I have used Cunard Care (By Berkely Care)

Karie, is Berkely the standard insurance contractor which Cunard uses? I am checking out the wesbite if it is. Traveling solo on the full world cruise (QE2), I am concerned about having adequate medical and trip interruption insurance.

Thanks,

Bobby

Karie, is Berkely the standard insurance contractor which Cunard uses? I am checking out the wesbite if it is. Traveling solo on the full world cruise (QE2), I am concerned about having adequate medical and trip interruption insurance.

Thanks,

Bobby

Bobby,

It definitely is in the States. Not sure if that applies to Europe. If you check any pre-docs you have around (the book they send BEFORE your cruise- not the tickets) it has all of that information in the back pages, after the descriptions of the shore excursions. It gives coverage, who to contact in case of needing to file a claim, etc. So anyone who has a recent pre-doc book, can you check and see if it is also Berkely if you book from Europe?

As far back as I remember checking into their insurance (back even before the Trafalgar days) it was Berkely over here. Although I chose not to take the insurance on our first cruise, I got a comparison of two different insurances, from Cunard and another insurer, and Berkely was the Cunard one.

Karie

Bobby,

It definitely is in the States. Not sure if that applies to Europe. If you check any pre-docs you have around (the book they send BEFORE your cruise- not the tickets) it has all of that information in the back pages, after the descriptions of the shore excursions. It gives coverage, who to contact in case of needing to file a claim, etc. So anyone who has a recent pre-doc book, can you check and see if it is also Berkely if you book from Europe?

As far back as I remember checking into their insurance (back even before the Trafalgar days) it was Berkely over here. Although I chose not to take the insurance on our first cruise, I got a comparison of two different insurances, from Cunard and another insurer, and Berkely was the Cunard one.

Karie

Thanks, Karie. I checked it out and it seems OK. I am going to run it by my attorney as well.

Be well.

bobby1119...not meaning to get personal or anything but if you are of an age for Medicare, I read somewhere that it doesn't cover you out of the country. Just checking into all that new sort of stuff as my husband will turn 65 in time for our Dec cruise. Thankfully I am AGES younger ;) Cheers, Penny

bobby1119...not meaning to get personal or anything but if you are of an age for Medicare, I read somewhere that it doesn't cover you out of the country. Just checking into all that new sort of stuff as my husband will turn 65 in time for our Dec cruise. Thankfully I am AGES younger ;) Cheers, Penny

medicare does not cover expenses outside of the usa!!

Archived