Question for BearBait

luv2cruise123

Hi, I've seen so much of your good advice and knowledge on here.Hope you won't mind answering some questions for me!

I am part of a small group (14) who will be cruising on the Summit 9/9-16 on a RT 7 nt cruise from Vancouver. Our ports are Juneau, ISP, and Sitka. (Also cruising Hubbard Glacier)

Some have booked the helicopter glacier landing in Juneau and others a flotaplane and salmon bake combo. For the latter, will we have any chance of seeing bears in mid/early Sept?

Also, what would you recommend as far as salmon fishing as far as the best port of what we have to choose from? Will the salmon still be running upstream during our cruise times and if so, which port would be the best to view this?

Are you very familiar with Icy Strait Point and what would you recommend doing there as far as seeing whales and/or bears? Would there be a better choice of our ports to try and see bears.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. I have been to Alaska last June and years before, but not at this time of year and never to ISP or Sitka.

I'm sure others would benefit as well from your knowledge. Thanks in advance!

Archived