Question about price drops

I hear people talking about these phantom "price-drops" and getting a discounted price on their cruise, and I would be ecstatic to be so lucky! I'm going on the AOS on July 1, 2007, and I was just curious if there are certain time frames that prices tend to drop? Rumor has it, the best time to shop for airfare is after midnight because that's when the prices change. Is this true for cruises also?

Or is there a certain timeline that prices tend to change prior to the cruise? I'm just new to this whole thing and have no idea how intensively I should be checking the prices. Thanks!

It's all a matter of supply and demand. Prices can change every day, although it is more likely that there will be changes within a 2-6 month window before departure since the cruise lines will have a better sense of bookings.

Bottom line - do your homework - check prices on a regular basis - if a find a reduction, call immediately before it changes.

I believe that as long as you have not made the final payment, you can get the discounted rate.

If you have already paid, you can ask, but they may not honor it. I'm sure others know more, I'm not absolutely positive.

I believe that as long as you have not made the final payment, you can get the discounted rate.

If you have already paid, you can ask, but they may not honor it. I'm sure others know more, I'm not absolutely positive.

Yes, before final payment, no problem.

We paid in full when we booked our cruise and had no problem getting the lower rate when it changed. I think we booked our room at $999/pp. Later we saw it at $899, called, and got a $200 refund. Now its up to $1249 or something!

I don't know how to predict when it will go up or down, or whether it varies, but I would say make a link and just check it every day when you can remember. If it goes down, call RCI immediately, it may be back up the next day! (Ours was. Then back down. Then back up. Etc, Etc.)

Archived