balconey on which deck?

reesa

I have just cancelled my penthouse suite on the riviera deck as it is a very noisy deck. Can someone please tell me on the caribbean princess which deck i should book my suite on? I am so confused! Is the aft okay or is forward okay? Near lifts, not near lifts? HELP PLEASE

How do you know that the Riviera deck is noisy? The reason I ask is because I have booked a room under the pool on the Star Princess. Rooms 319 and 321 I think. Do you know something that I should know? I assumed that the soundproofing was done when they built rooms under public spaces. I suppose the quietest is under a cabin but I wonder if you or anyone has advice specific to the Riviera. I guess I thought it just couldnt be bad or the complaints would drive them mad! (maybe Im the one who will go mad!)

Thanks

I have spent hours on these boards. The concensus is that the Riviera deck is noisy. Chairs being scrapped, footsteps constantly and people never sleeping well on that floor. I was booked in a penthouse suite but I will not spend that kind of money to be disturbed by noise all week.

We, actually, prefer the Riviera Deck and book it when we can.

We haven't been on the Caribbean Princess, but have been on others. We might have, very occasionally, heard a chair scrape above from the balcony, but never hear a thing in the cabin. Convenient location, quiet, and near the elevators, which is wonderful. Only noise is from hallway, when, very occasionally, someone will walk by speaking loudly. This can happen on any deck, and does......... :) I don't know WHERE you could book that you would be guaranteed not to hear ANY noise EVER.................someone above could drop something, someone speaking loudly in the hall, kids making noise on a balcony nearby, ship creaking, etc. Perhaps, if you wish to have total quiet, it would be better if you chartered a private yacht without 2000 other people onboard. I'm not being fresh, I just hate to see you disappointed on your first cruise.

Hope you have a great cruise, wherever you book.

Believe me the yacht idea would suit me just fine. Don't get me wrong. I love to be with people. I just want my private space not to be noisy when I am trying to sleep or relax. I heard many negatives about the suite I was in on the Riviera deck. I am now in the owners suite on the aloha deck. I think I will enjoy it more.

Archived