Qm2 2007

Cruiseiker

Just inquired with our TA regarding a June 25th, 2007 T/A from Le Havre-New York.:D

Leg #1 is Le Havre to Southampton then leg #2 on to NY on June 26th, 2007. Apparently Cunard is "wait-listing" the Le Havre leg to SH but you can book the June 26th leg, Southampton to New York portion.....why would they do that? Is it because leg #1 is now a "maybe"?

:confused:

I think the issue has to do with the cruise previous to the TA out of LeHavre/Southampton. I believe the QM2 is doing a Norwegian sailing with LeHarvre as the last stop on that particular cruise prior to it ending in Southampton. As such, you actually have one cruise overlapping the start of another one. I believe the waitlisting is there to see how many people on the prior cruise will be taking up the ship before they release any cabins for anyone that might be starting the TA cruise out of Le Havre.

Which begs the question? If the entire ship is filled up on the previous cruise then does the TA out of LeHavre technically become cancelled and replaced with a TA starting in Southampton only? Sounds like it could be as Southampton will be a second starting point on this particular TA.

I think the issue has to do with the cruise previous to the TA out of LeHavre/Southampton. I believe the QM2 is doing a Norwegian sailing with LeHarvre as the last stop on that particular cruise prior to it ending in Southampton. As such, you actually have one cruise overlapping the start of another one. I believe the waitlisting is there to see how many people on the prior cruise will be taking up the ship before they release any cabins for anyone that might be starting the TA cruise out of Le Havre.

Which begs the question? If the entire ship is filled up on the previous cruise then does the TA out of LeHavre technically become cancelled and replaced with a TA starting in Southampton only? Sounds like it could be as Southampton will be a second starting point on this particular TA.

You may be right, I'll take a look at where they are beforehand.

To your second point, they show LeHavre to Southampton to New York as 7 days and a separate entry as Southampton to New York as 6 days. But, if they are willing to accept bookings for Southampton to New York, don't they already know that all staterooms aren't going to be used? Unless that Norwegian cruise terminates in Southampton and not LeHavre????:confused:

I have booked that cruise and they let me go ahead and book it from Le Havre. I did this a few months ago so maybe this is a new thing. Hopefully, it doesn't mean that the Le Havre portion is up in the air given we are flying into Paris the Saturday before embarking.

Sounds more like they only allocated a certain number of cabins up front and those have already been taken. Thus I think HeelMD is likely okay. I suspect and they determine the numbers for the Norwegian cruise they'l be releasing more cabins if they realize they are able to do so hence the waitlisting. Being this early I think being waitlisted is not necessarily a bad thing and thus the OP looks like he might have a good chance of still sailing from Le Harve.

Now I am wishing I was on this cruise!

• 1 month later...
I have booked that cruise and they let me go ahead and book it from Le Havre. I did this a few months ago so maybe this is a new thing. Hopefully, it doesn't mean that the Le Havre portion is up in the air given we are flying into Paris the Saturday before embarking.

Do you mind sharing what category you are in? My T/A says it's waitlisted only because we have a triple and feels others wouldn't have this restriction.:rolleyes:

Archived