NCL Website troubles?

Deb in Cali

Is anyone else having troubles getting into the NCL website for the shore excursion or any of the other submenus.

I can get into a few of them, but for the rest of them it states that the pop-up window was blocked. I am trying to figure out if this is a problem with my computer or their system.

thanks

Deb

If you are getting a window stating that the pop up has been blocked it's the set up on your system.

Depending on what you have acting as your pop up blocker will depend on how you can correct it. Most software though (this includes Internet Security Suites as well as Microsoft Internet Explorer) has a location where you can set the pop ups you do not want blocked (authorized/approved websites) or you can also just turn it off while you are looking at the one website. If you're using Internet Explorer (6.0) to control your pop ups it will be from the menu bar at Tools, Internet Options, Privacy. On the bottom of the privacy window is the pop up basic settings. Remember, though if you turn it off to turn it back on later.

Without knowing what Operating System you are using, the browser and/or the software that's controlling your pop up blocker that's about all I can tell you. Just dig a little bit into your settings and I'm sure you'll be able to locate it.

The NCL website is the absolutely worst site of any of the lines I've cruised. It's amazing that people don't judge the cruise line by their site. Whenever I want info on an NCL ship I call directly (believe it or not, the people on these boards know more than the NCL agents) or if it's something straightforward like which ship which itinerary, I use Travelocity or Vacations to Go. Navigating the NCL site is an exercise in futility (IMHO).......Joan

Thank you for the info on the fall cruises. I thought I found something on them way back when, but it must have been for the spring. I will just have to keep checking Stills seems weird that only the 8 day Carribean shows up. Kind of fustrating. I am a planner and want to know what is available.

The NCL website is the absolutely worst site of any of the lines I've cruised. It's amazing that people don't judge the cruise line by their site. Whenever I want info on an NCL ship I call directly (believe it or not, the people on these boards know more than the NCL agents) or if it's something straightforward like which ship which itinerary, I use Travelocity or Vacations to Go. Navigating the NCL site is an exercise in futility (IMHO).......Joan

It may not be pretty and play music and videos but once you find your way around it has far more information the most of the other cruise line sites.

Most of the other sites have lots of marketing with pretty pictures and macro media animation and limited detail. Like a bad french dessert looks great but tasteless.

On the NCL site you can get the detail right down to individual cabin details, contract details. itinerary detail including dock or tender, and lots of FACs and information on Freestyle.

I agree it is not easy to navigate and much of the detail is hard to find at first. It needs the planned facelift. You want a bad site all fluff no detail check out HAL or Cunard :eek:

Many of the questioned asked here I can and have provided a link to that information on the NCL website.

On NCL site, when I click on "shore excursions" - then Caribbean - I only get the Spirit for the Eastern & Bermuda. The Dawn doesn't show up at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes you are - click of FL and the Bahamas

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/bahafla/bah_shorex.htm

The Dawn will not be doing Caribbean cruises again until it starts the 10/11 cruises and those excursions are not out yet.

As my last post indicated all the detail is there just a little hard to find.

I'm just a little disappointed with this whole thing--I'm sailing on the Sun out of New Orleans in October and the shore excursions aren't posted yet. However, a few months ago, they *were* posted for a different sailing--I printed them out and we went through all of them. Unfortunately, my dogs literally ate those papers, and now we can't find excursions for Guatemala anywhere on the site. I wish there were somewhere on NCL where they kept excursion descriptions by destination--even if they didn't post pricing, it would be nice.

While I understand the need for advanced planning (Something I am VERY familiar with. I am also waiting for the Sun's excursion offerings), the previously posted options that were available may not be offered for the upcoming season (yes, some may be the same; but changes wouldn't surprise me).

No matter what NCL does, they can't please all. If they leave the out-of-date excursions posted, some people would be upset when a certain "no longer available, but was previously offered" excursion wasn't offered on a different season's sailing. If the old excursions are removed after their applicable season is finished, some people would be upset when they couldn't "window shop" and plan ahead.

One thing I noticed is on this computor NCL is only posted 60 days before depart date. When I went to Alaska they made 2 mistakes My husband fixed them at the desk. One of the excursions the ship was late and they changed the times.In the Baltic my husband picked 2 excursions both had the same first stop but this turned out to be a good thing-one was inside a church the other outside and resulted in a palace and museum that was only open for NCL

I certainly see your point--I think I would be less upset about it if they were more consistent about when shore excursions will be posted. From what I've heard, the ones for October haven't been posted yet because of some trouble negotiating Shore Excursions in New Orleans. However, I keep hearing different answers about when they will be posted--someone was told by the end of July, someone else was told 60 days before departure, and now someone *else* is saying August 14th. I've sent in 2 e-mails to NCL (one to Shore Excursions and one to regular customer service) to see when they will be posted, with no word back. :( If you look at NCL's FAQ, it says "An updated listing of Shore Excursions are available approximately 3 months prior to the first sailing of each cruise destination season." But even here they are hedging their bets with "approximately". I just want my shore excursions! :D (I'm kind of a serious pre-planner.)

Shoreguy: Just read how many times you gave an answer to an NCL question. You even had to explain how to use the NCL site! No one had to justify the Carnival site to me. Everything was right up front.....Joan

Shoreguy: Just read how many times you gave an answer to an NCL question. You even had to explain how to use the NCL site! No one had to justify the Carnival site to me. Everything was right up front.....Joan

May be the case but I just spent 20 minutes trying to find a copy of the cruise contract on their site and still looking. I can't defend the NCL website it needs work. I can say I have no reason to visit the the Carnival website anymore. Been on Carnival 6 times and no interest in returning. Nothing bad just right now NCL works for me and there are other lines I would cruise before Carnival again

The best thing about cruising we all have options. There is a ship and a line for most everyone. I would rather have a great cruise then a great cruiseline website.

Mid the night,

Yes I finally cornered my computer geek hubby to help me unlock the pop up. The reason the I thought it was NCL's problem was because I actually got it to work a week or so ago. So go figure why computers do these crazy things?

Shoreguy, I am still learning to navigate around their system. I do find it comparable to the Princess website as far as looking at rooms and deck plans. I am impressed that they have their cruise prices posted on the website for all to see and compare.

I also have been impressed with the customer service personnel that have handled my calls, very polite and very helpful to the point of going out of their way to accomodate me. The last time I called, the rep commented about me taking my mother to Hawaii, and wanted to know if it was for a special reason. I explained that it wasn't a special birthday or an anniversary, but more of a life celebration, that my mother almost died in April of a missed diagnosises of a heart condition. The rep decided that we were going to get a complimentary party package anyway. I haven't told my mother as yet, this is just one of many little surprises on the trip. :p

Deb

Archived