QE2 Autumn break 13 October 2006

Oslo Dutch

I am booked on this 3 nighter out of Southampton on October 13th in a guarantee QG single stateroom.

What kind of service can I expect in a catagory like that. I have travelling with great pleasure in Mauretania accommodation before so it will be obviously better ;-)

On October 12 I will fly from Oslo and stay overnight in London, on embarkation I will take the train to Southampton to board the ship

My previous QE2 trips never ended in Southampton. How is disembarkation arranged and what time can I expect to be off the ship? I have two flight opportunities to Berlin at 1250 or 1600. Will 1250 be too early?

What is the best way to go from Southampton to Heathrow?

Anybody else booked on this cruise.

Any feedback or comments are welcome! :)

Reint

I am booked on this 3 nighter out of Southampton on October 13th in a guarantee QG single stateroom.

Good move!

What kind of service can I expect in a catagory like that. I have travelling with great pleasure in Mauretania accommodation before so it will be obviously better ;-)

You'll get superb service in the restaurant. Cabin service for QG cabins is not in the same league as Q1/Q2, but it very efficient. Some very long serving members of the ships company deal with these cabins.

On October 12 I will fly from Oslo and stay overnight in London, on embarkation I will take the train to Southampton to board the ship.

Check that the Cunard coaches aren't going from near you. You don't need to worry about luggage then - once on the coach you'll not see it until you get to your cabin.

My previous QE2 trips never ended in Southampton. How is disembarkation arranged and what time can I expect to be off the ship? I have two flight opportunities to Berlin at 1250 or 1600. Will 1250 be too early? What is the best way to go from Southampton to Heathrow?

Not by train! it's a complicated and messy journey.

Either coach or car. I imagine that Cunard will have coaches going there. Unless you use self help and have a car ready to drive you there, then you'll definitely need the 1600 flight. But as the M25 (London Orbital motorway) is being rebuilt, I'd go for the 1600 anyway. Better a couple of hours to kill at Heathrow than a missed flight. If you use Cunard transfers you may (stress may) get off the ship a bit quicker.

Anybody else booked on this cruise.

We are - as from today!

I have started a separate thread in relation to the way the ship anchors (my reasons are strange and irrelevant, but it's useful to me none the less!) but it appears that the strike rate of actually reaching Guernsey isn't good!

The problem is that it is a tender port - we had the same thing at the North Cape when the tendering operation was suspended in the afternoon.

Archived