Ferry from St. Georges in Sept.??

snsntiques

I have been to Bermuda on the Majesty/Boston to Bermuda several times but never seen a ferry from St. Georges to Dockyards, yet in many of the tour books it says there is??? Any one out there know the answer to that? We are going again Sept. 17. Thanks.

I have been to Bermuda on the Majesty/Boston to Bermuda several times but never seen a ferry from St. Georges to Dockyards, yet in many of the tour books it says there is??? Any one out there know the answer to that? We are going again Sept. 17. Thanks.

There is as we went on it last year. The reason you may not have seen it is because it takes about 45 to an hour to get from one site to the other. Also the last ferry from St George leaves at 3:45 PM. Like all the ferry rides, the St George run is quite enjoyable. Great scenery, you see the entire north side of the island. From St George, it is the fastest way to get to the dockyard or vice versa. You get that ferry right where the replica of the Deliverance is docked about 100 feet from where the cruise ship is docked. Can't get any more convenient than that. We also are going to Bermuda on 9/17 on the Majesty.

Edward

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

Great, we are also going on the NCL Majesty, have gone a few times and love the convenience, the ship, and Bermuda. I know where you mean to get the ferry, but I wonder why we've never seen it there. We certainly will take advantage of it this trip. My husband does do a fishing trip perhaps on Wed. or Thurs. weather permitting, and catches that also at the ship's dock right there near the Majesty. Thanks for the info, and hope to see you on board.

Sue

Great, we are also going on the NCL Majesty, have gone a few times and love the convenience, the ship, and Bermuda. I know where you mean to get the ferry, but I wonder why we've never seen it there. We certainly will take advantage of it this trip. My husband does do a fishing trip perhaps on Wed. or Thurs. weather permitting, and catches that also at the ship's dock right there near the Majesty. Thanks for the info, and hope to see you on board.

Sue

The ferry leaves St George at 11:15, 12:15, 1:30, 3:00 and 3:45. Only 5 departures, so it is easy to miss seeing the ferry unless you were on the dock at those specific times. It just sits on the dock for about 10 minutes and then leaves. It is a great trip, we didn't go on a boat tour of Hamilton harbor because the local ferry covered just about all the same areas and saved $60 per person. I haven't tried any fishing trip yet. Do you remember how much the cost was per person? Hope to see you on board. I have set up a roll call but I guess it is still too early as just a few have replied.

Edward

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

Thanks again for the info, I will also check out the RollCall. I'm trying to remember the cost of the fishing trip. I guess it depends on how many they get, they split to total cost of about $800.00 among the customers, I think they had about 8 guys, so they probably each paid about $100.00. It was worth it, he caught a large Wahoo, and had a great time. See you on the roll call. Many thanks.

Archived