Mediterranean Temperatures

mrsbojamp

Anyone who has cruised both the Med and Carib - please comment on the difference in temperatures in July. I am hoping to do the Emerald next July for the Greek Isles, but I am concerned that it may be too hot. Is it comparable to the Caribbeam in July?

Anyone who has cruised both the Med and Carib - please comment on the difference in temperatures in July. I am hoping to do the Emerald next July for the Greek Isles, but I am concerned that it may be too hot. Is it comparable to the Caribbeam in July?

I have done the Med twice in July. It is really hot and I live in FL where it is hot and humid much of the year. It is also swarming with tourists:( which I do not care for.

Personally, I prefer May and October for the best weather and fewer crowds.

We did the Med. in July a couple of years ago and it was hot, hot, hot! One day we attempted to take a walk but returned to our room after only 20 minutes. After we entered the room we quickly stood in front of the air conditioner just so we could dry out our clothes. Our gondolier told us that July is not the month to come to Italy--too many tourists and the heat can be uncomfortable. We couldn't agree more and will never make that mistake again.

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, I work in education so May and October are not possible for me now. But I think you have confirmed my fears, so this trip may need to wait for my retirment!

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, I work in education so May and October are not possible for me now. But I think you have confirmed my fears, so this trip may need to wait for my retirment!

Personally, I would. It is too special a trip to waste the time and money on when the conditions are far less than enjoyable.

I love Italy and go often in the winters. Few tourists, lower hotel prices, no waiting at the museums and Christmas there is quite special.:)

I just came back from a cruise of the Med--I couldn't believe how hot it was--I looked all the ports up on Yahoo--10 days out--thought Iknew what I was doing

Anyway, it was 100 in Rome the day we were there--most every where we stopped it was hot--starting with Barcelone and ending with Venice

I like heat--to a reasonable degree--but, I prefer the heat of the Carribean--Since most of the ports in the Med--involve walking in the sun--riding buses, etc--love going to island ports--heat is okay--because we also have the ocean.

When I looked up the temperature for our cruise--they ranged from 71 to 81 degrees for the last of June/first of February.

Nancy:D

Since you guys sound like you know what you're talking about.......

Does anyone know what the weather is like the first week of June?

I'm going on the Emerald princess May29-June10 next summer. It has ports in Spain, France, Italy, Greece and Turkey.

It's a bit confusing, because when I look at official info on temperatures, it always says 80s. Well, that doesn't sound too hot to me.

Is it just one of those areas where it feels 10x hotter than it is (because of humidity, crowds, etc)?? Or will this time frame be much cooler than July/August which I always hear horror stories about?? :)

Thanks a million!!

Melissa :)

Our trip was the last week of June and the first week and a half in July. Like I said above, it was really hot. You might want to check with the Ports of Call posts for Europe and see what the people over there think. Perhaps they can provide you with more detailed information.

I loved our Med. trip; just not the heat.

Archived