Portofino

You can only pre reserve if you are in a grand suite or better and are lucky to be contacted by the on board concierge prior to leaving. If so, they will make the reservations for you.

We had luck eating later in the evening - their last reservation or we pick to go on one of the formal nights when most are wanting to be in the dining room. Keep your options open for what night/time they have availalbe. Do this first thing when you get on the ship, by physically going to the restaurant to talk with them first hand. I am not sure what time they are there to do this. They have always been able to accomodate us.

Last year on Voyager we booked our reservation about 2 hours after we had been on board It worked out good because we got the day and time we wanted. Good Luck :)

Voyager Western Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT"

Voyager Eastern Caribbean 11/26/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

Is there anywhere to see a menu for this restaurant? We are going on the Mariner in Feb. and I'm thinking about a quiet dinner one night with me and my dh and letting the kids go to Windjammer. :o

Karen

Thanks for your input. We have tried immediately upon boarding on 2 occasions. Weren't able to get what would be good for us. My husband will be celebrating a significant birthday while on board. Would like to book it for that day. We will try again and try to be more flexible.

Karen,

we have published a menu card from Portofino on our website: www.oppermann-wuppertal.de

under the link Hawaii 2006. You will find several links, including the one for eating on baord, for the Portofino and also the new lunch experience in the Dining Room called Brasserie 30, which we can highly recommend.

Try to make your rexervation as soon as you are onboard. We only got a table for my DH´s 55th birthday, because some people cancelled the table. We have waited too long. But it was worth every $ you have to pay for.

Take a look.

Archived