How early can you really get on the ship?

minniegirl

We received our docs for the Triumph sailing out of Miami on September 9th and they ask that we don't get there prior to 1 PM. How early can we be there? We are arriving in Miami day before and would like to get on the ship as early as possible :)

I'm not sure how much the ports/ships vary. We were in Port Canaveral on the Glory and stayed in a hotel the night before. The shuttles at our hotel in Cocoa Beach started leaving around 11. I'm not sure exactly what time we got on the ship after arriving at the port and going through security, but we had plenty of time to board and eat at the buffet before checking out our room around 1:45 or 2:00. (The rooms were ready around 1:30.) Not sure if this helps or not. Hopefully you can get some better responses that will clarify more than mine does. Have a great trip!!

I'm always at the terminal around 11, and on the ship by noonish. Check your cabin to see if it's ready, and if so leave your carry-ons in there and head to Lido Deck for lunch. (If it's not ready, the cabin steward should be in the immediate area, and you can ask if you can put your carry-ons in the closet out of his way. (My cabin has always been ready.)

We took Cotton's advice both times and arrived at 10:45. We were eating by noon.

I do think that at times something can delay your embarkation but for us, the earlier we get there...the sooner we start enjoying all the things the ship has to offer. Or at least get to know where the buffet is and the good bars.

Typically, if there are no customs holdups or anything like that, you can get on board by about 12. However Carnival is now encouraging people not to get there too early to avoid the chaos of 3000 debarking colliding with 3000 embarking at the same time. Hence the recommendation of getting their later.

Embarkation begins from 1:30 to 3:30 Ship leaves at 4 PM.:)

That is the time they SAY, but ..........;) Only ONE time did I get to the pier around 1:30pm, and the lines were lonnnnng! Early is better, believe me.

We received our docs for the Triumph sailing out of Miami on September 9th and they ask that we don't get there prior to 1 PM. How early can we be there? We are arriving in Miami day before and would like to get on the ship as early as possible :)

My girlfriend and I will be on the same cruise and we plan on getting there between 10:30 and 11 AM. We cruised Inspiration last September and got to Tampa port at 10 AM. We dropped off our luggage and headed up to the processing line and through security. We were on the ship by 11:15 AM.

You can pretty much get on about an hour or so after the last passengers are off. As early as 11:00. If the ship is late or held by customs you could be delayed for any amount of time.

Thanks very much for the advice. We just got back from a Seattle Holland America trip to Alaska. We did the same thing - got there around 10:30 and were on the ship by 11:15 and it was so easy! We will do the same thing in Miami for the Triumph!

That is the time they SAY, but ..........;) Only ONE time did I get to the pier around 1:30pm, and the lines were lonnnnng! Early is better, believe me.

Yes...this was my experience as well.

Also.....psychologically speaking....waiting in line for an hour at 11:00AM and being on the ship at noon seems like a much shorter wait then arriving at 1:30 and getting on the ship at 2:30.....while waiting at 11 it is much more relaxing and friendly as you and all the people waiting around you know that you will be on the ship soon and among the first PAX to be there that week....when you are there later then it is a much more frantic atmosphere to get on the ship AND on top of that while you are standing there in line you also know that there are many people on board already enjoying food, drink, music and cruise atmosphere!!

Archived