Review of Serenade of the Seas - 23 July 2006

jhaasz

Thanks for the great review. :) I do have a few questions.

Did you say that Portifinos was just so so? What did you have and what would you recommend( or not) Same with Chops BTW, I'll eat anything, am a meat lover.

Also, we are traveling Sep 10th. We are on the starboard side balcony suite. I was wondering if I will see anything on the way throught the passage?.

There is a naturalist who comes on board for the passage? Yes?

Does the naturalist also narrate on the return back through the passage or only on the way in?

Thanks in advance.

I'll probably be asking about wardrobe again

But must get back to work.:(

There is a "healthy" alternative (not sure if it is low calorie - it did not say).

Portofino's - I am not a huge fan of Italian food (but my husband is). We both agreed that Chops was better. In Portofino's, I had the shrimp appetizer (it was okay - nothing great), the Caesar salad, the seafood on the skewer (this was very good) and the dessert sampler (too rich for my stomach but very good).

Chops - I had the Shrimp Cocktail (excellent), the French Onion soup (again, very good but too rich for my stomach), the Caesar salad (just okay), the Filet Mignon (excellent) and I believe it was the mud pie for dessert (again, too rich for me but very good).

We were on the starboard side (front of the hump) and had a great view, especially of arriving at Hubbards Glacier. There is no naturalist that is on board for the entire cruise. They bring one on (a native) for Hubbards Glacier and that's it.

Archived