Victory Canada 07/24/06 Review!

maggioml

Hi Bleuiz,

Glad you had a great time. We are leaving 8/12 on the Victory.

Never having been on a Carnival ship before, we have some questions:

#1: We have cabin 7424 aft, are the cabin and balcony larger than a standard balcony cabin?

#2: What dining room did you eat in and what time did they have you scheduled for? We are a brother and sister getting together and would like a table for two, we have alot to talk about.

Thanks for your help.

Synet165:)

Both dining rooms have 2,4,6 and 8 seating tables. Ask your TA to try and get something specific, I wouldn't wait until you're on the ship.

:)

Gregandamy:

We had orginally booked the cruise directly with Carnival and requested a table for two. The PVP said that they didn't take requests, we weren't happy with her answers to questions so before the final payment was due, we turned the reservation over to a TA (we live in NYC and Liberty Travel is big there).

The TA made several calls to her rep at Carnival and each time was told that as soon as we board to go and see about the table.

Thanks again for your imput.

synet165

NCL Star 6/05

NCL Dawn 4/06

Carnival Victory 8/12/06

PS: This is the first time on Carnival, so how I think that after 2 cruises on NCL that we a FREESTYLE people.

We like to eat when and where we want.:)

Gregandamy:

We had orginally booked the cruise directly with Carnival and requested a table for two. The PVP said that they didn't take requests, we weren't happy with her answers to questions so before the final payment was due, we turned the reservation over to a TA (we live in NYC and Liberty Travel is big there).

The TA made several calls to her rep at Carnival and each time was told that as soon as we board to go and see about the table.

Thanks again for your imput.

synet165

NCL Star 6/05

NCL Dawn 4/06

Carnival Victory 8/12/06

PS: This is the first time on Carnival, so how I think that after 2 cruises on NCL that we a FREESTYLE people.

Hopefully you get the table you want. We love Freestyle, too. We must've just lucked out on our table assignment.

:) Just go with an open mind knowing that this will be a different experience from Freestyle dining on NCL. Change is good! Different is good sometimes! Don't worry about it.

Okay-So I only had 3 days of Capers. Saint John, Halifax, and one day at sea. I did throw away the day at sea "Today at a Glance". Hope this helps.

Maggioml

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=552796504&security=PwxqzU

Thank you sooo much for posting these...b/c this cruise is different from all the Caribbean cruises it was hard to imagine what to expect...you have made my mind more at ease... thank you very very much!!

Micky

:) Hi,

Thanks for all your help. I have come up with another question for all the returnees from the Victory cruise to Canada.

Never having been on Carnival (NCL is all I know), where is the best place to sit and see from in the Victory's showroom?

I understand that the room consists of three levels, which is best in your experience.

Thanks

synet165

NCL Star 6/05

NCL Dawn 4/06

Carnival Victory 8/12/06

:) Hi,

Thanks for all your help. I have come up with another question for all the returnees from the Victory cruise to Canada.

Never having been on Carnival (NCL is all I know), where is the best place to sit and see from in the Victory's showroom?

I understand that the room consists of three levels, which is best in your experience.

Thanks

synet165

NCL Star 6/05

NCL Dawn 4/06

Carnival Victory 8/12/06

Balcony, middle, deck 4 entrance. The floor (deck 3) is mostly flat. Watch out for the poles, they really obscure the view. Get there a little early, theyseemed to have something going on just before the shows ans the theatre would fill up. We always brought a drink to pass the time. Seems the bartenders aren't in the balcony much.

Got home a few minutes ago from our Victory Canadian cruise......what a fabulous time! We went with another couple (this was our 3rd Carnival cruise, but this time our son stayed home) and had an aft balcony.............that was great! Some evenings were misty, so the chairs were damp, but it didn't damper our trip.......

Concerning smoking........the four of us are nonsmokers, so we looked for evening activities in non smoking areas.........we spent 3 evenings in the Red and Black Lounge, watching karioke..(sorry for the spelling).......and a few activities in the Carribean lounge........

Formal night saw a few men in tuxedos...........a few women in gowns, but mostly dresses........I wore a pantsuit........my hubby left his tie at home, but without a tie was fine..........

Saint John and Halifax were pleasant places to shop and tour........the air was cool (by NY standards).........but we did charge our items instead of getting Canadian change.......

Now I have the task of unpacking and preparing to fix dinner.........

And no one to make towel animals to leave on my bed..........

Its amazing us non smokers get the karaoke lounge as one of the few places that are non smoking. I wish we could enjoy the live band in the other lounges. It seems like we get penalized for not smoking. Did you also feel that way? And also, did you see smokers puffing away at non smoking tables and/or in designated non smoking lounges or eating areas? My Victory cruise was filled with smokers everywhere. They just smoked wherever they wanted to on my cruise.

Archived