Reduction in cruise fare - question

patches05

Sorry if this has been brought up before - searched the board - couldn't find info.

For all you experienced cruisers:

I booked a cruise (through the Princess website) on the Crown for 4/07. Today I went to the Princess website and saw that the price had dropped about $200 total for the category of cabin that my DH and I booked. I thought on other threads I'd read, people had discussed getting money back if this type of situation popped up. Is there any way to get a refund for this money or could the $200 be put toward an upgrade?

Thanks for any advice!

Sorry if this has been brought up before - searched the board - couldn't find info.

For all you experienced cruisers:

I booked a cruise (through the Princess website) on the Crown for 4/07. Today I went to the Princess website and saw that the price had dropped about $200 total for the category of cabin that my DH and I booked. I thought on other threads I'd read, people had discussed getting money back if this type of situation popped up. Is there any way to get a refund for this money or could the $200 be put toward an upgrade?

Thanks for any advice!

If you booked directly with princess contact them immediately before the prices go back up. You will get the $$$$ deducted from your final bill as long as you haven't made final payment date. If every category has dropped then you could also upgrade with the money you are saving.

Bill

Since you booked directly through Princess you would need to call them. Just keep in mind that if you are past your final payment date, the pricing could be for 'new bookings only'. But if that date hasn't passed, you should be able to get them to lower your rate.

I am also booked on this cruise and called Saturday to rerate the cabin we already have. We like this cabin and don't want to upgrade. We saved over$300 and so booked one night precruise at the San Juan Mariott and with hotel and transfers---- still came out saving money. Keep checking the Princess site after you make this call. I have a feeling it will still go down before 4/7/07!!!!!

Thanks for the information! Our final payment isn't due until the end of January. So if I call today to have the rate reduced, will I be able to call again in say, two months, if it continues to go down?

Thanks again!

Wonderful! Hopefully, for us, the rates will continue to decrease!

Nana G - what type of cabin are you in? We booked a BB on the Caribe deck. It will be nice to have a warm weather trip to look forward to, especially after a Michigan winter!

Wonderful! Hopefully, for us, the rates will continue to decrease!

Nana G - what type of cabin are you in? We booked a BB on the Caribe deck. It will be nice to have a warm weather trip to look forward to, especially after a Michigan winter!

You could most likely save a couple hundred more dollars by transfering your booking to a capable travel agent too.

Bill

We are exactly midship on Caribe deck. Have sailed this category many times and have had Bc and BB. Love the Caribe deck on all these larger ships because the balcony is so large. Don't mind that we can be "observed" by those above! Don't do anything naughty that would warrant secrecy!

Archived