Halloween on the Veendam

holstang

My group of 8 will be traveling on the Veendam during halloween (we will be in Belize the day of). Do you think they have a policy about halloween costumes? My friends and I are all going to dress up as different alcoholic drinks, and weren't sure if HAL has a policy about costumes.

Thanks!!:)

I also was onboard last Halloween, some people celebrated with a costume. (One couple came as pirates, and even dressed their little baby as a pirate too - very cute and was the talk of the ship all night.)

Go for it - the cocktail costumes could be fun ... you could make a game of it and see how many people could guess who you were (Harvey Wallbanger, Margarita, Shirley Temple, Bloody Mary, Zombie, Chi Chi, oh the fun you could have.)

We were also there last Halloween. DH was 2nd runner up in the costume contest. It was great fun and we were amazed at how many people brought costumes. We had already been on-board for 30 days and had to rummage around for something to wear. It worked out and we had a wonderful cruise.

Mary and I were on the Ryndam last year on Halloween. We had a table for 8 and the whole table came in costume. After dinner they had a costume contest in the Crowsnest.

Just has much fun was shopping in Puerto Vallarta that day for some added items for our Halloween celebration.

Here are Mary and I shopping at Walmart in PV for some last minute items.

sm_DSCN0163.JPG

Relaxing with two of our tablemates in the Crowsnest

sm_lance.jpg

But beware here is what happened that night at the stroke of twelve to a pass that did not wear a custome.

sm_pump.jpg

Boo

Jeff

Holstang,

Thanks for asking this question, I, too, will be on Veendam during Halloween and I'm glad to hear that they will be having a Halloween Party! This will be my first time cruising with HAL.

You and your fellow cruisers are cordially invited to the HAL Rollcall Board where I started a thread. Please feel free to post and to introduce yourselves. Hope to see you there.

BTW, I will be wearing a costume on Halloween, too. Great idea for your group's costumes!! :D

Rose :)

Archived