M-class, cabin 6144

txerin

We are booked on the Summit in cabin 6144. I understand that this cabin has an oversized veranda but is the square footage of the actual cabin the same as the other concierge class cabins (191 sq. ft.)? Also it is located above the dining room. Is there alot of noise?

This cabin is about a foot wider than the standards. Its a great cabin. Had it on the Constellation (actually 6143) on my transatlantic and loved it! Never heard a sound from the diningroom. Very quiet, plus no foot traffic at that end.

I've been in that cabin a couple times - most recently on Millie. It is my FAVORITE cabin. As the previous poster mentioned, it is indeed a foot wider than the other standard cabins. We had 3 girls (and lots of shoes) in the cabin. We made great use of the extra space to line up those shoes. :)

Also, the deck is made of teak - unlike the other cabins in Cocierge Class (because it is sandwiched between the suites). That is so fine for the bare feet. The size of the balcony is unbelievable. We had 2 regular chairs, 2 lounge chairs and a table out there. The Summit 6144 has a canopy overhang which protects you from the cabins above spying on you. Millie doesn't have the canopy - which I prefer - because it lets in the sun.

This truly is the best cabin for the buck on the entire ship! ENJOY! :)

Hi there,

We have the 6136 which is similiar to the 6144, however, it even looks smaller than a normal cc. Any thoughts? Pictures, etc? We love the big balcony and we hope that the teak furniture and flooring is also on 6136 because of it being sandwiched between the suites... Anyone know these answers? Thanks,

Happy Cruisin:cool: To All!

We were in 6144 and our friends were in 6136 on the Millie last year. 6144 is indeed a foot larger than 6136. I honestly can't remember what surface is on the 36 balcony. Both are nice cabins. But if you can rope it try for an aft. It will be a CC and the balconies are awesome. The CC starboard and port balconies don't even come close to the afts.

Regardless you will enjoy the services of the CC cabins.

After many sleepless nights from all the vibrating in stateroom 9197 (FV corner aft) in April, we will be avoiding any of the aft staterooms on the M-class ships in the future. Not worth having your cruise ruined due to a lack of sleep on your vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in that exact cabin in January. Yes, it is bigger and yes it is one of the best cabin on the ship.

We had high seas and being near the aft amplifies that. I would still take that cabin though even knowing ahead of time that the seas are going to be rough.

Archived