12 day Med. Cruise on Star

spdavid

My wife and I are going on a 12 day Med. cruise on Star Princess in 2 weeks,

We are looking forward to our cruise. I was looking for some helpful advice and I found this comprehensive review :

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=5306

Hope it helps, anyone considering this cruise.

You will find a much better review for the Star Med. cruise on the Europe board posted by ijkh. She posted a long review broken into many parts. The following is a link to one of the posts from which you can click on her signature to find all of the posts. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=45324

I got back from the Star 12 day Med last month. I haven't read the other reviews, but one thing to keep in mind is this is a port intensive cruise and can be very exhausting. :p But it is wonderful, so enjoy!

I am slowly finishing my just back. We loved this trip so much we are considering doing the exact same trip next summer on the Grand Princess. We may pick the Italy/Greek Islands itinerary. Anyway lucky you to be going on this one! Bon Voyage and welcome to any questions just post here.

We just got back from the star princess - Venice to Barcelona. From the point of view of advice, I would say be selective. You don't have to do everything and if you try you will exhaust yourself. Take all the stuff they say about crime and theft seriously but don't let if restrain you. I got pickpocketed in Florence but that didn't stop my appreciation of Donatello's David.

Consider extending your time pre and post cruise. Some cities like Rome, Venice and Barcello deserve more than just a few hours.

Do not make your airline connections too tight. We had nightmares in Barcelona and I know of people who lost their luggage for the first three days of the cruise.

Happy travels,

Blake

Archived