do you know if I can plug a gamecube on the tv's cabin?

afranco21

I can confirm that on Spirit-Class ships, the in-cabin TV has front A/V connectors - 1 video & 1 audio ( if your equipment has a 2 jack audio connection, you will need a connector that combines the 2 audio jack outs to 1)

The TV's on the Spirt class and the Glory had A/V jacks. They were on the front on the Spirt class ships. The one I had on the Glory was in the back so you had to feel around for it. They will work for any game, DVD, or camera that has A/V cables.

On the Victory we had a balcony cabin cat 8A. There was no way to do this on that ship.

How about a protable one? a portable dvd player to watch movies theyhavent seen yet?

Camp is opened until 10 then its 5.00 per hour. May be worth looking into it.

quote:

Are you on vacation?????? Get a grip.... Either leave your son home, or at Camp Carnival.....no phones, no GAME BOXES, just a good time....GEEEZ

What's with the attitude? Can people not watch football, wash clothes or look for a place to attach a game boy? It's not your vacation. I think someone else needs to get a grip. They are just asking a question. GEEEZ!!!!!!

quote:

Are you on vacation?????? Get a grip.... Either leave your son home, or at Camp Carnival.....no phones, no GAME BOXES, just a good time....GEEEZ

What's with the attitude? Can people not watch football, wash clothes or look for a place to attach a game boy? It's not your vacation. I think someone else needs to get a grip. They are just asking a question. GEEEZ!!!!!!

Just tired of the idiotic questions, I guess....and answer is,,,,mostly, (95% of cabins} there are NOT places to hook up GAMES or view VCR/DVDs...Granted you are told you can RENT from the "LIBRARY"....NOT!! Get on board.... they think you're crazy......

Now missy smartpants, try to explain the difference in price to them in order to obtain a "suite".....most of these folks booked inside cabins. And to bring their own tapes { no DVDs} thru Carnivals X ray system....{screwed 10 rolls of film} and go for it...

I was trying to be fair, and give a somewhat reasonable reply if ya'd think on it.....

Chris: after sailing many ships I am sure you have cruising down to a science but there are a lot of new cruisers out there that just dont have a clue. Thats why they come here.

And wait until you the hundredth question regarding what to wear to formal night. Im sure you will want to scream.

I been reading these boards for about 4 years =maybe longer. If I dont feel reading something that i have read a thousand times over I will jsut scan over it.

Go ahead and bring your gameboy. Then come back to the boards after the cruise and let everyone know how much it was actually used. My son (14) plays at home all the time. We didn't bring it (our family rules) but he would have had very little time to play if he had it. Tell us how active your kids were with a gameboy or any other similar gizmo. Did anyone reading this bring one on a past cruise?

I have to agree with you Tom. On our first cruise my nephews were 6, 7 and 8 were alll too pooped by 10 pm that they went to sleep right away. And the early excursions the next day liked to knock them out to. There is something about being on a cruise ship where there is so much to chose from and not enough time to do it all. Very relaxing though.

The kids (even nieces who were 12, 13 14) were barely in the room but to shower and sleep.

Bring the video games if you want to, but if you think about it, if you don't bring it, you might encourage your kid to take part in other activities that they may not have the chance to participate in at home. I have seen kids get so sucked into video games that they are at it for hours, is it really worth missing out on all of the other things there are to do?

I cruised on Sitmar as a kid, and I was never bored, nor did they even have video game systems like that when I was that age. They had Atari and those other primitive video games, but that would have required a suitcase on its own.

Cruiselines, especially Carnival offer so many activities at all hours that I don't see why a video game system would be necessary, your choice though, your vacation. I would rather have a kid entertaining himself playing video games than pressing all of the buttons on the elevators or taking over the hot tubs!

Something else--you never stated how old your child was but there are video games in the kids clubs.

Also movies are on tv- you can also rent some like a pay per view.

If I understood his post correctly, he wants his child to have the gameboy at night while he and his wife are out of the room. I assume that he does not want his kid running the ship while they are out. Makes perfect sense to me - Gameboys always made road trips so much more bearable for my son (and us) so I'm sure it will work the same for the cruise.

Have Fun!

Yes, it is dependant on the age. My daughter at 10 was OK to attend almost every activity the Carnival Conquest had. I also trusted my 14 y.o. son, yet he actually checked in more often than my daughter. During the entire week, they watched (most of) one movie in the room... with their free pizza. If they were much under 10, I wouldn't want to leave them in the room. I would rather they be watched with a group like Camp Carnival. Those that are over 16, but still too young... maybe they should be watched more? I guess what you do depends on how you think your child behaves. What your child does depends on them, and not what you think they are doing.

I don't see the problem with bringing it for times like the OP stated , at night to keep him occupied while the parents are at the shows or the lounge.

But definately don't let them veg in front of it all day instead of enjoying the activities

Archived