Dream Tours in Villefranche????

Hi Carol

Jean Marc told me that Alain had a new computer tech person that was suppose to be putting up a new website for them, but they had several

of the clients tell them that there were computer problems reaching them.

I would continue trying to reach Alain and ask for Jean March if possible, although Frederick is very nice also. You will really enjoy your trip to Villefranche if you tour with Jean Marc.

Good Luck..please let me know. I am curious if he will handle your request differently than he did mine.

Karen

I heard back from Alain today. All he basically said was that he had all of information for the booking and to contact him again prior to our trip. He did not mention anything about adding additional people to our tour. I emailed him back saying that I wanted to confirm that my party of 4 will be the only ones on the tour and that no addional people will be added. I hope that everything works out because from everything that I have read it sounds like his company does a good job and the price is right.

Carol

Another operator recommended by the boards. I contacted quite a few and chose one that had the day available.I personally cannot recommend anyone I have yet to use. I am going this summer, so if you like I can post the name when I return. If you are interested give me your E mail and I will give you the info.

Karen

There are just a few that I think come recommended in Villefranche. I would rather pay the difference if Alain charges to get Jean Marc, but you can contact Eva Devemy she has a van and a car and uses the car when she has a smaller group and the van for larger groups. Eva is very nice but a little more conservative than Jean Marc. Jean Marc is a lot of fun and we truly enjoyed him. We used Eva Devemy in Provence and again she is very nice. Depends on the type of vacation you want on the type of tour guide you take. We had five different guides and all of them were different. Some were very serious about the history and art of the area and some worked hard to make sure you enjoyed the area and the people and their traditions.

If you look around on Cruise Critic you will find many recommendations, just make sure they are "LICENSED AND INSURED". If they are licensed guides, they can only get so many vehicle violations before they loose their license guide and you definitely want them to be insured. Don't miss out on a great tour guide without trying to work out the terms and get the best guide. You

won't regret it in the long run. You cannot blame guides for trying to get a full van due to the cost of gas (almost $7 a gallon in Europe) I would negotiate a deal with them if you truly only want your family on the tour. Jean Marc also makes paying easy, he will charge your tour on your credit card when he is in Monaco instead of trying to pay with Euros, helps not to have to carry so many Euros around. Good Luck and Have lots of fun on your trip. Be sure to book your guides early, the good ones get booked fast.

We just got back from a trans-atl and had Frederick for our tour but met JeanMarc at several stops. The tour was excellent. Both gentlemen guides were wonderful. Touring Eze was v. difficult for anyone with walking problems. The tour vans drop you off near the entrance and there we started our uphill walking. The tour busses (from the ship) drop you off at the bottom of the hill cuz they can't get any closer becuz of their size. The whole city is hills & steps; but on a ship tour you'd start by walking up a hill just to get to the bottom of the Eze tour area. We had a lot of senior cits on the ship and many were upset cuz they took the bus tours and never could get near Eze due to the difficulties. We definitely feel that we had a much better experience especially after talking to ppl who took the ship tours and were dissatisfied. We saw twice as much in our 7-8 hours with Fred. Remember also that when you stop with a ship tour there are about 48-52 ppl that need to get on & off every time. With private tours you have more time to explore and less time getting on/off. It's a lot easier having 8 ppl get in a van and just leave. We never had to wait for stragglers. I doubt that we will ever do a ships tour again; but will research the tour companies carefully. I highly recommend Dream Tours.

Having been to the Med many times.. I usually stick to the guides recommended here. Rarely have I been disappointed. I know all about liscensed guides. Some have been wonderful and others have not. Sometimes, as in the case with Alain, they get too full of themselves when they get bitten by the money bug.

Karen

Here's another vote for Jean Marc w/Dream Tours. We at first had some difficulty getting in touch with them. Later we found out their service provider was down.

We were just 2 folks and wanted 4 others to help out w/the $$. At first I was told they only had another couple but ended up their friends came with them. It was a wonderful time.

Jean Marc was very personable. His other 4 clients spoke French but he tried to repeat everything whether it was in English or French (double work). We just loved our outing. We went to Eze, Monte Carlo, NIce, saw Princess Grace's Grave plus the beautiful park around it, St. Paul and stopped at various overlooks.

I would not hesitate to recommend him. He's cute also!

Check out my pictures under Monte Carlo. He is the one by the Van with the lighter hair. The other cutie is DH.

Claudia

dream tours has been an extremely well respected company for years and has managed to please just about everyone, including my family of 4.

please consider that there are always some people who are not satisfied and then try to crucify that business and their reputation.

wwb

i travel much, post very little unless i feel it is deserved

dream tours has been an extremely well respected company for years and has managed to please just about everyone, including my family of 4.

please consider that there are always some people who are not satisfied and then try to crucify that business and their reputation.

wwb

i travel much, post very little unless i feel it is deserved

Amen

Archived