Cozumel TMM International Pier/Puerta Maya Piers

Family of 14

How far apart are they?

I just noticed that the Mariner will be at the TMM International Pier and the Carnival Conquest will be at the other pier on the same day in Cozumel. It would be nice to see what a newer Carnival ship looks like. Just wondering if we can see the other pier from TMM ?

I've always been a little confused with the Cozumel piers as I've seen them called or referred to with various names. (downtown, punto...something, etc.)

The downtown pier is right by the main shopping district & Carlos & Charlies! We docked at this pier when we were on the Disney Magic. However, when we were there last November on the Navigator, we used the other pier. At that time a Carnival ship was right next to us. The two piers are a few miles apart, so if the Carnival ship you mentioned is not in the same area as your ship you will not be able to see it. If it is, it will be right next door!

The new pier, is like a village shopping center, very nice and has a lot of the same store that you will see downtown...It was built for the Carinval Corp ships we were told when we were there in April. Apparently Hal, Carnival, Princess uses this dock now, it is a couple miles up the road from where Celebrity and RCCL dock.

Here is some info on the three ports in Cozumel from Expedia....

Due to the increasing number of cruise ships calling on Cozumel over the past decade, docking areas have been expanded, and there are now three large piers serving Cozumel: Punta Lagosta, International Pier, and Puerto Maya Pier. Punta Lagosta is the newest and closest pier to San Miguel, and is just a short walk from town. International Pier and Puerto Maya Pier are each about two to three miles from San Miguel; depending on your pace, the walk to San Miguel will take about 30–45 minutes. Since it can get very hot en route, most passengers opt to take a taxi.

Radio

;) ;)

Familyof14......LOL

I know what you meant...LOL The pier that Carnival uses in Cozumel has stores and shops right on the pier, while the International Pier and Punta Lagosta Pier(downtown) do not..

Here is a pic of the Puerto Maya Pier (foreground) and the International Pier (in Back).....Note the stores on the closer pier.

This was the only pic I could find that showed both piers from an aerial view

Radio

;) ;)

36210719-da85-01C00126-.jpg

Radio - Thanks for all the great info on pier locations. Got one more question. When the ship arrives at "10 am", will that be the same as local time in Coz?? I'm trying to book an excursion and I'd heard that ship time and Cozy time aren't necessarily the same.

Sharon

Radio - Thanks for all the great info on pier locations. Got one more question. When the ship arrives at "10 am", will that be the same as local time in Coz?? I'm trying to book an excursion and I'd heard that ship time and Cozy time aren't necessarily the same.

Sharon

You should always stay on the Ships time.....

The Cozumel local time will be different...

The ships tours, debark, and embark time will always be on Ships time....

Radio

;) ;)

When we docked at the International Pier a couple years ago, it did have a mall right at the end of the pier (air conditioned too!), which offered several gift shops. We compared the prices there to the shops downtown, and found the ones at the pier to be very competitive.

We docked at the Puerto Maya pier earlier this year, which also offers a small but nice selection of shops.

Happy Sailing.

Okay, I am a little confused:rolleyes: when we docked on the Brillance a couple of years ago there was a Senor Frogs at the end of the pier. Which one is that? Does anyone know where the Navigator docks?

Carrie:p

The ships do seem to move around. When we were on the Voyager in February we docked at the Punta Langusta pier. If you are cruising within the next month you can post your ship name and date on the Cozumel board in the Ports of Call section and either Sally or Tom will let you know what pier your ship is scheduled at. I hope this helps!

The Senor Frogs at the pier is called 1/2 Senor Frogs. Not as much fun as the one in town but great place to pit stop on your way back to the ship. The drinks were flowing, the food was good and we had an excellent time!