Ft. Lauderdale airport hotel

emen822

Can anyone recommend a hotel near or at the airport? We are expecting to fly into Ft. Lauderdale late the night before our cruise and would like a place to crash as soon as possible. If I am not mistaken, the airport is only about 10 minutes from the pier? So any hotel in the area should be ok. Thanks in advance.

I also would appreciate info on this. We will be flying into Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise and would like to stay someplace that shuttles from the airport to their hotel nearby. We sail out of Miami - but I understand that's only about 1/2 hour away.

We are staying at LaQuinta Inn&Suites on 26th street they offer pick and will take you to the port and it is near shopping just in case you forgot something and near planty of places to eat all within walking distance

Another vote for the LaQuinta. The shopping center adjacent to the hotel (a little bit of a walk if you're going all the way to K-Mart) has several restaurants and a movie theatre....Home Depot, K-Mart, Barnes and Noble etc..

The people at the front desk are very friendly and the shuttle to the ship is quick and efficient. Typical continental breakfast included with a waffle maker as well. Rooms are nice and large. I've got photos of it...if you follow my photo link below and then go to the Caribbean Princess album you can see a few photos of the LaQuinta.

The Hilton Garden Inn is also a nice place. It does have a shuttle to and from the airport and also the port. It is close to the same shopping area as LaQuinta but is at the other end of the shopping area. There is a Burger King directly across the street and once you cross Sterling Rd, there are several restaurants and shops(including the K-Mart).

The front desk staff are very nice and efficient and the rooms are nice - it was opened in 2004 so is fairly new.

Archived