Rental car from Vegas to the Pride. Tips? Suggestions?

Vatmax

Hello fellow cruisers!

We are investigating our first west coast cruise and I wanted to see if anyone could elaborate on what would be our rental car plans. We would fly into Vegas, spend a couple of days there and then drive to the ship. I know that the drive would take about 6 hours but I was wondering if there were any car rental companies right at the pier or if we would have to shuttle.

If anyone that's done this already has any tips, suggestions, places of interest to stop along the way or good advice, it sure would be appreciated!

Thanks for any input!

With the Pride going out on Sunday I would plan arriving in Long Beach on Saturday. The drive from Vegas can be severely delayed with traffic from the folks returning to the LA area, San Bernardino, and Riverside. If there is an accident in the Cajon Pass you could end up sitting for hours.

As for shopping I would do that in Vegas; everything and anything you could want or need you will find there. Although I am not much of a shopper I love the shops at the Aladdin.

I don’t remember seeing any car rental companies at the pier but I could be wrong.

If you have any other questions let me know. You have combined two of my favorite pass times. I'm sure you will have a great vacation. Where are you planning to stay in Vegas?

Thanks for the info CruiseCATnMACK! I was wondering what the traffic would be like that morning.

We haven't decided where to stay in Vegas yet. We haven't even 100% decided on the cruise but it looks like our first pick. I guess we'll need to find a place near Long Beach too for Saturday night.

Lots to do and plan but first, we have to book the cruise. We have to coordinate the date with others and I'm sure we'll be booking soon!

Thanks again!

As CruiseCATnMACK said the traffic from Vegas to anywhere in CA can be very much delayed. If you are going to drive I would suggest you do it very early in the wee hours of the morning. Lots of shopping in Vegas. If you are on the strip there is a big huge mall next to the Treasure Island hotel...Fashion Show Mall as well as an outlet mall at the end of the strip. There are a couple of outlet malls on the way also to CA in Bakersfield. If the traffic goes well you should be able to make to the pier in about 5 hrs. I'm sure the rental car would have a shuttle to take you to the pier.

we went down on sat nite so we wouldnt have deal with traffic it can be crazy going to cali from las vegas.there are some outlet malls on the way one in primm and the other in barstow. my wife has to stop all the time happy cruisin

Change your flight so that it has a layover in Vegas. You should be able to do this for as many days as you wish. The drive from Vegas to the shores of CA would be very unpredictable. You will have to drive through a pass (almost) no matter what. When we had the fires either on pass was closed or the other or both. I highly suggest you don't want to drive it. Do the layover and fly in.

Archived