red lipstick

keylime27

Ok, has anyone ever found a good red lipstick. One that is a true deep red (think Madonna's fire engine red in Who's that Girl). Every time I buy what looks like a red lipcolor, I put it on and its more of a bright pink/light red.

My favorite red is Coco Red by Chanel. Red can be tricky, though, it looks different on each person. You have to go with a base color, as in, if you have discolored teeth (even a little bit) red with an orange or yellow undertone can make your teeth look really yellow. You would need a blue undertone in that instance.

If you want a red to wear with a red dress, don't even try, it just doesn't look right, go with a burgundy color instead. It really works.

Why oh why can't I find a red lipstick? The ones I've had all seem to make my lips enter the room about 2 minutes before the rest of me!

All I'm asking for is a nice basic red to wear with a red dress or blouse on occasion. Is that too much?

I'm a fair-skinned ashy blonde. My teeth are not the whitest they could be. I've always gravitated to true-blue reds, not orangey-reds, but still, they seem to announce themselves. What's a girl to do?

Happy K - I never even thought to try a burgundy red with my red dress. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the idea. :)

I have searched for years for the perfect red lipstick. I have olive skin and am normally tan; I also have a lot of color in my lips which always surprises the cosmetic reps.

I can wear Coco Red by Chanel in the winter when I am pale, but it washes out in the summer.

Do you have a Sephora near you? I would find a place with a huge selection and try them all on. There is really no other way to be sure.

Good Luck!:)

Sephora is perfect for trying different lipsticks. They carry so many wonderful brands to choose from. Don't rely on the store lighting, though. If you think you've found a great color, wear it for a while to see if the color "changes" on you after 20 minutes, and to see it on yourself in different light levels.

I'm a lipstick hound, I have probably more than 50 lipstick tubes. Some expensive, some cheap, some acquired as give-aways, but I'm always on the hunt. I'm happy to report that I've just purchased my second tube of a lipstick that I first bought only 3 months ago. I've never had a lipstick that I liked on myself so much. I thought about buying a different color, but the saleslady and I agreed it would be crazy, I may have found my signature color, a first for me!

The color is Boudoir, the line is Rouge Allure (although not a red!), it is a true pink with a gold undertone. Very pretty daytime or evening.

Another vote for Coco Red by Chanel. A perfect blue red for me year around.

Red Devil by Victoria's Secret is also a good red for me.

As to any other, I'm always always on the hunt.

Share if you find a good matte blue/red.

Archived