Tell me what you like about Costa

boop3

HI All!

:) I am so excited. I booked a western caribbean cruise on the Mediterrna for Feb 07. I have been reading the Costa board. We are taking our boys 12 and 17.

My DH is nervous as he has never heard of Costa :eek: LOL .

We have been on 4 previous cruises. 2 with Princess 1 with Royal and one with Celebrity.

So please tell me what you like about Costa and this ship so I can reassure him.

Thanks!

congrats, welcome to costa. keep a positive attitude and everything will be fine. a negative attitude will always guarantee a bad cruise experience.

welcome to these boards. not a lot of activity going on right now, the ships are in Europe. make sure you stop by when the posts pick up in nov,dec and the carib season with the magica and med kick off.

everybody is different, so this is what i like. i like the fact that it's cruising Italian style. the Italian influences are felt everywhere. but the best thing about costa has to be the food. you will meet some nay-sayers here but rest assured it is excellent. if you like italian food and if cheeseburgers, french fries and casseroles are not a staple of your regular eating out diet, you will love it too :)

outside of that it's like every other cruise line. the servers are excellent, the room stewards are hard workers and the shows and night life are great!

check out this post for some other great positives.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=280878

-Jim

Thanks Jim. My saying is "the mind is like a parachute it works best when open"

:). I love good italian food. I am so thrilled to be going on this cruise to get away from snowy Syracuse in February.

I will check out the link to reassure DH

Thanks!

Nora

I just posted a thread about there nmot being any hotel rooms available on 2/3//2007 because the Super Bowl is being played in Miami on 2/4/2006.

You might want to fly down from Syracuse on the 4th to avoid sleeping in the airport.

Hope you enjoy the cruise. This is our first one with Costa and the reviews are iffy!

Hi Nana,

I was just able to book a room online at the Days Inn in Pompano Beach.

It is 11 miles from the air/cruise port. I booked it online for 185. It was the cheapest and closest thing I could find.

I went through I know you are not supposed to say the name of the agency but it begins with an o and ends with a z :)

Maybe you can try there.

We just can't risk syracuse weather. We did that flying down on the same day thing a few years back. Plane was delayed and we got to the ship as it was about to leave. We made it but it was way too nerve racking.

Cancel my post above. After I booked that Days Inn I read several scarey scarey reviews and saw some pice of the place. So changed my flights and I am going to pray like crazy we can make it down on the 4th. I have insurance and all but want to get there when we should :)

Hi:

Well why I love Costa? I love everything. The last ship I went with Costa was the Mediterranea on Dec. 2003 and on all the cruises I've been, on the Mediterranea I got the best upgrade of my life. I reserved a cabin with balcony and 2 weeks before the cruise I got a Panorama Suite. The ship is beautiful. The service is wonderful. The Costa Mediterranea was the 6th cruise with Costa Cruise Line.

I always travel in christmas and in this ship they had a super big christmas tree.

The best of Costa when it is in the Caribbean, it is the Roman Bacchannal Night. They give you some sheets so you can make yourself a Roman dress and at dining time just go into the dining room and have a good time. You will have a lot of fun.

Well I hope you have a wonderful time.

• 3 months later...
Hi Nana,

I was just able to book a room online at the Days Inn in Pompano Beach.

It is 11 miles from the air/cruise port. I booked it online for 185. It was the cheapest and closest thing I could find.

I went through I know you are not supposed to say the name of the agency but it begins with an o and ends with a z :)

Maybe you can try there.

We just can't risk syracuse weather. We did that flying down on the same day thing a few years back. Plane was delayed and we got to the ship as it was about to leave. We made it but it was way too nerve racking.

Our group booked way up in West Palm Beach for the Saturday night. Its only about an hours drive with no traffic problems. Looks like we are booked for the same cruise on super bowl Sunday. We are flying in on the Saturday and driving up to WPB for the night....lets get this party started lol.

Archived