Alone in Cozumel

sugcarol

My friend wants to go to the Ruins and I don't. Is it safe for a 60 year old female to either shop and eat at Pancho's backyard alone or just go to paradise beach and hang out alone? I am trying to decide what to do if he goes to the Ruins.

Thanks.

My friend wants to go to the Ruins and I don't. Is it safe for a 60 year old female to either shop and eat at Pancho's backyard alone or just go to paradise beach and hang out alone? I am trying to decide what to do if he goes to the Ruins.

Thanks.

Perfectly safe, no matter what the age....just use the same general safety rules you would follow anywhere else...When my Mom (75) and I are down together, she often goes out on her own without a problem.

You will find most people are very friendly and helpful!

Thanks.

I'll be sixty in January and yes, it is safe to shop, eat at Pancho's backyard and go to Paradise Beach alone. While this will be my first time at Paradise Beach (my cruise leaves on September 2nd) . . . on my last two trips to Cosumel (2003 and 2005) I shopped till I dropped, ate at Pancho's backyard, did the dolphin swim on one trip and the sea lion swim on the other . . . all by myself. But . . . you really aren't by yourself . . . I met some very nice people from my ship and other ships all over Cosumel. Just use your common sense and you are as safe as anywhere at home.

Thanks.

Cozumel is probably one of the safest places you will go these days, but always pay attention to your surroundings and your actions. As soon as one gets complacent someone will be there to take advantage of you. By all means go have a good time on THIS island.

Now Belize City that is another problem all together. BE CAREFUL ON THIS STOP.

Without a doubt, it is safe. It is just like anywhere, just be aware of where you are and what you are doing. You could catch a cab and og to the beach alone!

Re: Belize mentioned above.Belize itself is beautiful but I would not venture outside the port area alone. Tours go all over there adn the country is beautiful!

SugCarol,

as a single female, I eat, shop, and go to Paradise Beach every time I'm in Cozumel. I've never had a problem, or even felt uncomfortable while there. as mentioned above, just use the same common sense you would use in any city while on vacation, and you should be fine.

Undoubtably, you'll have plenty of company at Paradise Beach as it seems to be one of the more popular beaches on the island (and with good reason. It's gogeous!)

As far as shopping in Cozumel . . . it's also a very poular port to shop at so there's always plenty of people around.

Pancho's Backyard is right on the waterfront main street, so you should have no trouble finding it, and have no reason to feel uncomfortable dining alone. there. It's a very lively place with a nice ambiance, great food & excellent ritas.

Enjoy!

Annie

I have lived here (alone) a long time. I have not had one bad experience. I am convinced that it is one of if not THE safest places on earth. You can walk anywhere, day or night without any problems.

Archived