Cabin #C6104 on HAL Volendam

Cruising Joy

Can someone tell me what type of window/view we will find when we set sail in March 2007? It is listed as ocean view, no obstructions, but the window on the deck plan looks different from regular ocean view windows. Also, if anyone has any pictures, that would be great! Thanks so much!

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer...

My family and I were in this cabin this past June. It is a regular sized oceanview window but it has a staircase in front of it... we did not find it to be too obstructive to our view however we did notice a few times that people were using that stairway (leads to a small viewing area deck above the bow). I took some photos of the cabin and when I figure out how to post them here I will be glad to. We had an awesome trip to Alaska... loved the Volendam. Would definitely book this cabin again. :)

sanders,

Thanks for your reply. I would love to see pictures of the room. I would like to know how this accessible room compares to the accessible rooms on the Carnival Conquest and/or Fantasy-class ships.

We are booked to sail in this cabin on the Volendam in March for the 10-day Caribbean Sunfarer. So far, we have only sailed Carnival, and we are very excited (and somewhat nervous) about sailing another line. Of course, they are sister companies, so many things will be similar.

Please let me know if you are able to upload the pictures here, or if you would rather try e-mailing them to me. Thanks so much!

Jennifer

Here are some photos (sorry they are so small... I can email you larger ones if you like). We actually had 2 wheelchairs in the room and were happy with it. We've done a few cruises on Holland America and have managed fine with the wheelchair. As I mentioned, we did our most recent cruise with two wheelchairs... we had a fabulous time. I'm sure you will too :)

CopyofIMG_0209.JPG.610234c901f80bdab3ff7963755fd3b3.JPG

CopyofIMG_0210.JPG.246dd3be9c10015cad14856f70be12c7.JPG

CopyofIMG_6605.JPG.829b05a338a48528b5760ee898fc7c01.JPG

CopyofIMG_6607.JPG.a3e613cabf0c44e7c69d41013db178de.JPG

Hi sanders,

Thanks so much for the photos. It looks like it is more similar to Carnival's Conquest-class ships rather than their smaller ships, which is good to hear. I'm sorry for all of the questions, but do you know the square footage of this particular room? On HAL's site, the only thing listed is for a standard OV, but the HC should be larger. Also, I know you said you had two wheelchairs and I see a manual chair in the corner. Do you think an electric wheelchair would work fine, too? It sure looks like we'll have no problem whatsoever. Once again, thank you so much for your help!

Jennifer

Hi... we didn't have any problems with manual chairs and I think everything should work for an electric chair too...glad the pictures helped... by the way you can't see it in the picture but there is a pull down seat in the shower off to the right... I believe this room is 227 sq feet. :)

Archived