South America?

doverite

Do they offer interesting ports of call? Wanting to compare responses with HAL cruises.

Notwithstanding the Crown's cruises between Argentina and Chile around Cape Horn, NCL isn't seriously into the South American market. No NCL ships make regularly scheduled stops at any Brazilian port, nor any west coast ports north of Chile. Regarding HAL, I would suggest any cruise that includes Rio de Janeiro, one of the world's most magnificant cities when approached from the sea.

A 14 day south America cruise means being seriously in South America.

Several cruiselines offer similar 12-14 day around cape horn. I did one on Celebrity and loved it. Yes the ports are neat to see. If you can, extend your trip with a land extention in Argentina, Chile, or both. You fly all the way down there, be sad not to take more advantage of being there.

Hal offers a couple special itineraries, but they're only done a couple times a season I think. They're like the 12-14 day cape horn itineraries, but with a special add-on bit -- one adds rio, another instead adds anarctica. I'd rather do the latter any day!

Archived