Last minute questions!

tristero

We're about to leave for our cruise, yay!

I have a few last minute questions. We're on a Princess cruise; will the television have ABC, CBS, NBC, etc?

How does tipping work for dinners? I read that you can have them charge your account $10 (I think) per day to cover tipping at meals. Is that right? Should I tip on top of that?

We're stopping in Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan. We should have a little time for shopping in each. Do you have any favorite stores?

Thanks everyone. I'll post a review when we return from our trip.

Yes, like many of the ships you can automatically pay your tips through your shipboard account so that you don't have to give cash.

Like all the cruise lines I have been on, Princess does not provide ABC, CBS or NBC stations on the TV.

Keith

In fact, if you don't want automatic tipping, you have to tell them to take it off and then you can get envelopes to do the tipping yourself, generally at the end of the cruise. Some people do tip on top of the $10 per day per person which covers all meal tipping and room steward. It does not cover tipping for room service, spa treatments, or beverages. When you buy a beverage, a 15%-tip is automatically added when you sign for it.

Archived