Online Boutique on Oceania's Web Site

countryguyinny

Several weeks ago I went into Oceania's Online Boutique to order several items for my sister who will be going with me on Insignia's Athens to Rome cruise Sept 20-30. However, when I reached the web page on which I was to enter my credit information, I noticed that the little symbol indicating it was a secure web page did not appear. So I did not enter my credit care info and did not complete the order.

I emailed Oceania through their web site and asked whether or not their web site ordering system was secure or not. Now, several weeks later, I still have not received a response from them.

Has anyone else had experience ordering from the Online Boutique, or noticed whether or not the ordering system was secure or not? I also cannot understand why Oceania has not replied to my email. I have read that they are slow in responding to emails, but this is rather ridiculous. It has been over a month now since I sent them my question.

I hope this is not an indication of more problems to come or a lack of attention to what should be simple, routine questions with either a yes or no answer.

Chuck

I just went to their web site and got the little padlock symbol at the bottom of my screen indicating it was a secure web site. Are you going to oceaniacruises dot com? I believe they also have an older web site that may not be secure.

Well, guess I should have checked again. I just did the same thing and the secure symbol came up. It might have been caused by any number of reasons, and/or they have fixed it between then and now. In any case, let's consider this "case closed." Thanks!

Chuck

Don't be too quick to believe that...I tried it ..yes it comes up right away...but try to Check your Cart, and its "unlocks", I've had that happen at other websites and after you fill out your info and enter it it's locked again but I fail to trust this. I didn't actually fill out an order with info so it might be OK at that stage!:confused:

YOU'RE RIGHT Napi's Mom...I went thru the process and when you get to your cart, it "unlocks," the symbol disappears, and the page becomes non-secure. Seems like Oceania would want to correct this ASAP to protect their customers info. So, OTHERS BEWARE!! Don't be fooled by seeing the initial secure symbol when you enter the Boutique!!

And why does it take Oceania so long to answer their emails? Do they even check them?

Chuck

I have had the same trouble!:mad:

Sent an email to the shore excursion email address three weeks ago and have yet to receive even a confirmation that they got the email! In most cases that is just an automatic kick-back but at least you know it was recveived by their computer!

I only hope this is not a harbinger of things to come in dealing with Oceania on more serious issues!

Tom

I received a fairly timely repsonse back from Oceania today after I emailed them again and said I had posted a msg here on Cruise Critic about the security problem They acknowledged that it is a problem, thanked me for bringing it to their attention, and said they would contact me as soon as it is resolved. Chuck

Archived