Oops... i did it again!

renata102

well I have been posting some time on all these boards. Going on the Enchantment of the Sea with my DH, DD 9(5), DS 9(11months) and a host of grandparents, in laws etc......

just found out yesterday I am pregnant with my THIRD child. Very not planned (as our previous two where planned). So here i am cruising and pregnant! with a infant and preschooler :eek:

just needed to tell everybody. I just hope my morning sickness doesn't kick in. cuz I want to enjoy the food!

hi there,

i am going on the Crown Princess (yes, the one that listed..eshh) in three weeks and i will be 16 wks preg by then. i am also cruising w/my 3 1/2 yr old son. so it will be a new experience. i have had the WORST morning sickness (make that all day sickness) since 7 wks. i am really concerned that i will be sick on the cruise. i don't see an end in sight yet. this is a 10 day cruise also. i guess i will arm myself w/ginger...you name it. did you ever hear about taking vitamin B6 for the morning sickness..i wonder if it helps. but i am sure you will enjoy yourself, at least you will have some support w/you. i am going w/my family also...which helps :0 good luck

Gina

good luck (and from the silverlining standpoint. . . there is evidence that women who suffer from moderate to severe first trimester "morning sickness" are less likely to miscarry and more likely to carry to term).

hi there,

i am going on the Crown Princess (yes, the one that listed..eshh) in three weeks and i will be 16 wks preg by then. i am also cruising w/my 3 1/2 yr old son. so it will be a new experience. i have had the WORST morning sickness (make that all day sickness) since 7 wks. i am really concerned that i will be sick on the cruise. i don't see an end in sight yet. this is a 10 day cruise also. i guess i will arm myself w/ginger...you name it. did you ever hear about taking vitamin B6 for the morning sickness..i wonder if it helps. but i am sure you will enjoy yourself, at least you will have some support w/you. i am going w/my family also...which helps :0 good luck

Gina

I usally get BAD morning sickness closer to the third month (with my 2nd child I was SOOO sick I was on Zofran anti-nasuea medication reserved for pateints sick from Chemo). So no matter what I use it won't be the same for me. Hopefully it will start after i come back! thankfully I am with family and even though I should be feeling okay, they will treat me extra sepecial :) and help with my two other children.

WOW a 10 day cruise. Hopefully you will be okay and won't hae any problems.

:) thanks for the supportive comments...i hope the end is near for this morning sickness. but i am excited for my cruise!!

what great memories I will have... this is my 5 year old 2nd cruise, my 1 year old first cruise and baby #3 in my tummy 1st cruise... I know I will remember and cherish this vacation forever...

and BTW, my kids are good and they are used to traveling... we don't travel with them all the time (as we do couple only cruises with hubby and other land based vacations...). why can't some people understand that. I get so upset with people that look at kids as if they were roaches....:mad: it gets me so upset.

Most kids are great travellers. Most kids are great kids.

Some people just like to generalize the behavior of a few bad kids as an indictment against all kids.

i agree. There are some parents that let their kids run wild and they wreck havoc.

kids do cry and occasionally i have to deal with my 11 month old becuase he may be cranky... i take him away from the main area of the people until he calms down. luckily he is pretty go lucky happy baby.... and we ARE gonna have agreat time!

The B vitamins definitely help--a B complex formula should. Also, a ginger-honey tonic is good. New Chapter has a formulation that is excellent for pregnant women who experience morning sickness. Another one you can try is red raspberry tea. You should be able to find all these at a natural health store.

Welcome to my blog about how we cruise around the world the fun way: http://www.on-a-cruise.com

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!

We had to cancel the cruise we had scheduled last year because I was pregnant; I was 33 weeks when the cruise would have begun so we stayed closer to home. Took the vacation anyway, just didn't go far. (I was VERY high-risk and advised by the doctor to stay within 2-3 hours of home and/or high quality obstetrical care). Turned out that our son was born 6 weeks early--smack dab in the middle of what would have been our cruise! Bumpy start for him, but he's now 15 months old, strong and healthy! Praise God!

Maybe you can take some of the anti-nausea medication with you.....would your doctor write you a prescription "just in case"?

Here's hoping you have a wonderful time, no nausea, and much time to relax!

My prayers are with you for a healthy pregnancy and child!

Congratulations!

My daughter was very sick when she was pregnant. She used a Relief Band and it worked great. It looks kind of like a watch and sends a little electric pulse. Not sure how much they cost now - I think around $80 is what she paid. If you do a search on the web I'm sure you'll find lots of places to buy one. They are great because you only use it when you feel sick. You can start with the lowest setting and turn it up as needed. With medication you usually have to take it before you get sick or it's too late.

Archived