Switching booking to TA

We have booked about 9 cabins so far directly thru RCL - they say they do not discount after 8 cabins booked (no group perks). My question is - should I transfer all the cabins to a TA? Do I do it now or wait closer to final payment? Does RCL care if you do this? All previous cruises I have booked have been with a big discount TA and they didn't do groups either (unless everybody booked at exactly the same time). I guess I just need to call around and see who won't charge me penalties for cancellations, etc. and who has the best perks for groups?

We have booked about 9 cabins so far directly thru RCL - they say they do not discount after 8 cabins booked (no group perks). My question is - should I transfer all the cabins to a TA? Do I do it now or wait closer to final payment? Does RCL care if you do this? All previous cruises I have booked have been with a big discount TA and they didn't do groups either (unless everybody booked at exactly the same time). I guess I just need to call around and see who won't charge me penalties for cancellations, etc. and who has the best perks for groups?

Yes, defintitely do that.

Also, consider waiting until a few weeks before final payment is due to transfer the booking.

The reason I suggest this is, since RCCL doesnt offer TA's incentive to discount prices, if the price of your cruise should drop, or you get some coupons, your TA may tell you that they "cant get that price adjustment for you". Some TA's tell their customers that it is RCCL that is telling them no on the price adjustment/coupon while it is really the TA trying not to get their commission cut into.

If you wait until you are a few weeks away from final booking then you can handle all questions/issues through RCCL yourself, and then transfer the booking to get the perks.

Archived