Disney Magic 10/7/06 Anyone??

eyeronic

Western Caribbean 7-day.

It's our first time on a cruise with our kids: 3 y.o. and 7 mo. old. We're thinking DCL b/c our 3 y.o. is so into Mickey Mouse! It's our 5th year wedding anniversary too. We're last-minute travelers this time b/c we didn't know when we'd have money after selling our house. We loved DCL the first time around without kids. Looking forward to this cruise with the kids!

Anyone joining us?

Joyce

BTW - It's my first time posting on this board. I've been lurking for a week and love all of your tips and insight! :)

• 1 month later...

We will be on your sailing...It is our first cruise with Disney, 2 years ago we went on the Norweigan Dawn-with our older daughter (9 at the time, 11 now) so we have high expectations...This is the first time we will be going on a cruise with our 4 year old, so that should be interesting....

Napfam5,

We will also be on this cruise with our 4 year old. We found a stingray snorkel on Grand Cayman that will allow 4 year olds (Disney's age limit is 5). If you are interested check out MobyDickTours. Plus they have some cool pictures on their website. We are also located in SC. Are you flying or driving?

We are driving...how about you? We already booked all of our shore excursions...we figured we would have to "sneak" her a quick snorkel so she can try it....she will be 5 in November anyway plus shes big for her age....

We cant wait.....have you cruised on Disney before?

This will be our first Disney cruise. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on because I'm so excited. There is a large group of other cruisers on our ship that have been posting on another board. They have a running list of folks (so far 74 adults, 47 kids) and they will probably set up a meet on the first day. Thay have lots of good advice as most are repeat cruisers. Plus I got the passporters guide book (that's where I found out about the other board). Will your DD be going to the kid's club? If so I'd love for her to meet my DS..he's big too, turns five in Feb. He's already got his pirate costume and he is so excited. Counting down the days....

Oh my daughter will definately be going to the kids club...she is so excited she cant stand it! So are we, this is our 2nd cruise, first with Disney. What other board are you on, I check 2 others, but havent seen anything for our cruise.....

I tried to reply with info about the other site yesterday but that post did not go through for some reason. When you search look for October 7, 2006. Spell out the month. The site is also listed in the passporter guide on page 48 for ways to meet other families. I'll let you know where they arrange to meet on the first day (that's being organized right now) in case you don't find it.

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We will be travelling with our 2 daughters 17 and 12 years of age. For those of you who haven't cruised on Disney before, be prepared for a great experience for you and your kids. My wife and I cruise quite a bit and Disney is our preference when we cruise with the kids. This is the third year that we have offered the cruise to our kids as their Christmas present and each time they answer before we even finish asking the question.

Most of the time we have to drag them out of their respective activity rooms when it is time for "forced family fun" or sleep. Even the teenager loves it and, as those of you who have teenagers know, they usually don't like anything their parents suggest ;-)

This will be our first cruise on the Magic and we are looking forward to the recent changes made the last time she was in dry dock. It has been our experience that Disney does a great job keeping the amenities on the ships up date date with their customers' taste and desires.

Less than one week till we set sail. Can't wait!!!

Delta,

I keep having posts removed from this board.... when all we want to do is get cruisers together.... I don't understand.

If you will provide your email I will give you the link. Also read the prevoius posts on this thread for ways to get info on cruise meets.

Tora

Host Mick,

My intention was certainly not to adversely affect one's livlihood by any means. I would never advocate one TA over another, that is a personal decision. I'm sure we all appreciate the opportunity you give us by providing these boards. Many thanks! As a new cruiser I am excited and just interested in everyone enjoying their travel to the fullest....to include meeting with other cruisers on the ship, particulalry those who may have similarly aged kids. If the kids ain't happy.... Mom and Dad ain't happy!

Delta,

A group of us are meeting at 3pm at Goofy's prior to the drill...look for the green wrist bands. Can't miss my husband...6'5" with a flat top. Can give you more details by email....

Tora,

Sorry... I didn't mean to get you in hot water the week before we will be swimming in tepid water :-)

I was able to locate the meet you referred to and e-mailed the organizer. We will do our best to meet you all at the Goofy pool at 1500.

Has your husband made it back yet???

Thanks for your help... see you in a few days.

Archived