Cabin Door Decorations?

acquaboi

:) Hi. I am cruising in about 2 weeks -- I have had problems keeping cabin door decorations on the door without falling off to the floor after about 30 minutes. I have used Scotch Tape -- Moving Box Tape. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.:) :)

try using a small dry erase board ($10.oo at WalMart) suspended from your door with those brackets that fit over the top of you door with a hook to hang things from~ you can not only tape to this, but if you provide a dry erase marker your CC friends, family, or anyone esle trying to get ahold of you can leave you messages~

Try Duck Tape. Many doors are metal, try magnets.

duct tape will leave a sticky residue--please dont use that for your door.

I use magnets. Not all doors are all metal-some have the material covering over the metal-- heavy magnets work.

do not use something on your door that is dear to youin case someone takes it.

That tacky "stuff" is great because it comes right off...........just have to roll it around with your fingers. You pinch off a bit, flatten it out and that's that.

It began for teachers, etc. who need to put up posters on walls........it doesn't take off paint and it comes off easily.

Use it; it doesn't leave a mess for the Cabin Steward to have to remove.;)

It used to be expensive..........in Office Supply stores only. I just bought some at the Dollar Store.:)

duct tape will leave a sticky residue--please dont use that for your door.

Do you use Duck brand tape? I agree that it leaves a residue, if you leave it there for an extensive length of time, especially if exposed to the weather. (Hope that doen't happen.) It is only there for a week or two. I also use it on the walls in the cabin, does not peel anything off, or leave anything on the wall.

Do you use Duck brand tape? I agree that it leaves a residue, if you leave it there for an extensive length of time, especially if exposed to the weather. (Hope that doen't happen.) It is only there for a week or two. I also use it on the walls in the cabin, does not peel anything off, or leave anything on the wall.

I know someone used it on the balcony railing on one cruise.. a rghh what a mess. The poor steward spent a lot of time getting it cleaned off.

On the Miracle we were able to use those window clings on the doors. we just wet them a little and they stayed up the whole week. Couldnt do it on other ships.

Try sticky-tak, the white, not the blue as that will stain and is hard to get off surfaces. I think it's made by the same company that makes Elmer's glue.

Thank you & Thanks everyone for your spirited replies! I will check our local arts and crafts store for the removal adhesives. My door theme this year will be "Let The Stars Shine!" -- Enjoy!!

Archived