Friend needs a roommate for November 12th Freedom Cruise.

Hi everyone. I have a friend that booked a cruise with her sister for the November 12th cruise onboard Freedom of the seas. Her sister backed out due to school obligations so now she needs a roommate to cover the other half of the room, I believe that the other half is $1,100 dollars for an oceanview. My friend is a Female and is 27 years old and looking for a Female roommate.
If anyone knows of someone or maybe you are interested let me know. Thanks.

To be honest, I find it rather incredible that you would look for a roommate for a cruise on a public message board on the Internet. How could you ask a group of total strangers if they want to go on a cruise with your friend. Just not a good idea in my opinion.

[quote name='superjerryw']To be honest, I find it rather incredible that you would look for a roommate for a cruise on a public message board on the Internet. How could you ask a group of total strangers if they want to go on a cruise with your friend. Just not a good idea in my opinion.[/quote]

True, not the best idea in the world. Believe me I did not want to post it but I guess she is running out of options.

On the other hand what better place to find someone for a cruise then on a cruise site.

Actually the idea was given to her by someone else so she told me to do her the favor.

Here's a tip: If you are interested in finding a roommate and the cruise company cannot help, you might have luck with matching services such as travelcompanions.com or travelchums.com, which pair travel-minded single people for a fee. Members of these services post their travel plans and information about themselves, and it is up to each member to contact those who sound like compatible companions

[quote name='ssatterly']Here's a tip: If you are interested in finding a roommate and the cruise company cannot help, you might have luck with matching services such as travelcompanions.com or travelchums.com, which pair travel-minded single people for a fee. Members of these services post their travel plans and information about themselves, and it is up to each member to contact those who sound like compatible companions[/quote]

I emailed her your post. Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='superjerryw']To be honest, I find it rather incredible that you would look for a roommate for a cruise on a public message board on the Internet. How could you ask a group of total strangers if they want to go on a cruise with your friend. Just not a good idea in my opinion.[/quote]

I knew that someone would post some judgement about this!

Why not just let OP do what they want to do and refrain from casting your opinion onto their post? :confused:

If you cant help OP then simply move on......

Have you gone out to the rollcall board for your particular cruise/ship to post this request? I have seen others on the board who have had similar issues with folks backing out looking for someone that knows someone who would like to go in their stead. This might work out better since each of them would already know other people in each group. I guess it depends on how bad your friend wants to go to risk sharing a week with someone that might end up being a pain to room with, or worse, to share any time with. Me, I couldnt chance getting an Oscar since I am a major Felix.

[B]NO personal ads for cabinmates allowed on the Cruise Critic Singles Forum.[/B]

Please read the following Sticky post on the Singles Forum from one of the other Hosts: [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=3770986&postcount=1"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...86&postcount=1[/URL]

Once a Cruise Critic member has decided their cruise, then they may check out their Roll Call for a cabinmate. Please read the following post from LauraS, our Community Manager: [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=3804970&postcount=5"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...70&postcount=5[/URL]

Kat

Archived