Delta time change from barcelona

vlnovak

I just checked my flight home with delta from barcelona on Nov 4th and it was a 1:20 return, Now it is a 10:45. Is this enough time to get off the ship and check in. they have no later flights that day. thanks vlnovak@hotmailcom

I just checked my flight home with delta from barcelona on Nov 4th and it was a 1:20 return, Now it is a 10:45. Is this enough time to get off the ship and check in. they have no later flights that day. thanks vlnovak@hotmailcom

NO-an international flight to the US out of a European airport must have check in no later than 1.5 hours pre flight (to allow checking with the US for those on the no-fly list). See what happened yesterday when a pax was not cleared before take-off. http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa060807_wz_nofly.8f1a40.html

That means you would have to be OFF the ship with your luggage and in a taxi no later than 8:30AM. Most likely not going to happen.

Call Delta IMMEDIATELY. If they have no later flights, INSIST nicely that they put you on one of their partner carriers. You may have to fly a convoluted routing to get back to the US or if you can spare the time, ask that Delta pay for your hotel in Barcelona and fly the next day.

We had a 10:30am flight this past May on our RCI cruise. We went to the desk at some point during the cruise and noted this early flight and on the last night rec'd tags that were the first off which was a little after 7:00. We had Angie's taxi pick us up at the pier and we were at the airport in plenty of time.

The airport can be a little baffling though with long lines and wall to wall people.

Thanks so much for your help. I think we will get delta to put us on the next day flight as they have no others available. I just hate ending a nice relaxing vacation by having to worry about getting to the airport and getting through security only to miss there only flight and them be on the floor in the airport for 24 hrs. thanks again. oh yes, all the other flights back to the us that are left require you to spend the night somewhere or fly at some awful time, all had 3 plane changes

We had that happen to us in 2004 - it must be an annual event! We were several hours late getting into port, grabbed our bags around 9:45 and, thanks to our mad cabbie, made it to the gate 10 minutes before the scheduled departure. Then they announced that we would be waiting for an hour so as many of the 90 passengers booked on the same flight could make the flight. 60 or so made it, all in various stages of panic, but 30 did not - had they waited any longer they would have jeopardized connections at JFK. We decided after that experience not to press our luck again, and will always book either an afternoon or next day flight.

I just arrived home on that !0:40 flight from Barcelona. NCL made the arrangements for us and I did not think we sould make it. Wehad their transfers, so it was much earsier. We left the boat at 6:15 am, and arrived to crazimess at the airport. Delta is very unorganized with their lines there and I will write them a letter. Yet even with today's extra sercurity and super long lines , we arrived at the gate with time to spare. We even drank some coffee,ate some brakfast and looked a the stores. So it is doable!

Archived