RCCL Rhapsody - opinions on Adventure Ocean program (for 3 yo) + AquaBabies (11 m.o)

pathmeister

Hi, first time cruisers here, we'll be going on the Rhapsody of the Seas (RCCL) and was just wondering if anyone has opinions on the Adventure Oceans program and the AquaBabies. We have a 3 year old son (potty-trained) and an 11 month old son. I've read other posted messages that some cruise-lines give parents pagers in case they need to contact us...

The Aqua-babies program is only once a day for about an hour?

How long are the Oceans Adventure programs for 3-5 year olds?

Any info appreciated--thanks,~!

Hi, first time cruisers here, we'll be going on the Rhapsody of the Seas (RCCL) and was just wondering if anyone has opinions on the Adventure Oceans program and the AquaBabies. We have a 3 year old son (potty-trained) and an 11 month old son. I've read other posted messages that some cruise-lines give parents pagers in case they need to contact us...

Aquababies is a one hour a day meeting of moms and young kids. You sit in a circle and play with toys.

AO is where you drop your kid off, like a daycare. As long as the kid is potty trained you can leave them there for as long as AO is open.

You should call RCCL to get more specific information.

On the Grandeur, the Adventure Ocean was open, I believe, from 9am to 12pm and then again from 2pm to 5pm, and then again from 7pm to 10pm. It was open after that, too, but then you would need to pay. On formal nights, they would take the kids at 6pm and feed them dinner, too. On port days the Adventure Ocean was open pretty much all day.

On the Grandeur you had to request a pager, which we did.

However, my 3-yr-old ended up not really wanting to go, since he didn't know anyone and it was kind of a strange place to him. Also, even though he was potty trained, he didn't really like to use the public bathrooms on the ship or, especially, in the Adventure Ocean. Also, the staff is not allowed to help in the bathroom in any way, not even to wipe poop or whatever. So, it didn't really work for us. But that was OK, cause he hung out with us and we had alot of fun. Sometimes we just sat out on the balcony while he watched a DVD in the cabin (highly recommend bringing a DVD player).

This might be unusual, because so many people claim that their 3-yr-olds loved going. Anyway, on the next cruise, my nephews will also be there, so I think he'll have fun going with his cousins.

Thanks to everyone for their insight --- we will try our 3 year old son in the Adventure program and see if he likes it --- otherwise, we'll bring everyone along for fun. We are fortunate to also have my mother traveling with us!

We did the aqua babies program with our 7 month old. It was 45 minutes and included songs and playing with toys. There were about 3-4 other babies there. It was neat to try out different toys. Its fairly laid back with the leader sort of guiding you to interact with your baby based on his/her development. You can stop and feed or change your baby or just sit back and watch or participate. We enjoyed it. It was at 9am every day.

Julie

Archived