Belize City - what to do

borbs

Greetings, cruisers!

We're off on the Miracle on Aug. 20. We're travelling with our 6 year old twins. We have activities planned for all of the ports except Belize City. We're not going cave tubing, which seems to be the thing everyone does there. Any suggestions on what to do at this stop?

Also, does the ship actually dock in Couzemel or do we tender in to shore?

Cheers!

borbs

We did the Altun Ha and River boat excursion.

The Altun Ha ruins were quite interesting considering their age and the kids enjoyed climbing up on them.

As for the river boat tour, we live in South Florida, and to me it seemed like a day in the Everglades.

Nevertheless, lots of trees, critters and other things...if you're not used to swamps or rain forests, go for it.

Tour bus takes you to ruins, then to boats (and place for really good local chicken and rice - place looks trashy, but food is good) and boats take you to dock.

DO NOT PLAN ON WALKING ABOUT TOWN IN BELIZE CITY

The only thing I can say is to find an something, walking around Belize is not recommended. When you tender in there is a small area of shops, but that will take all of 20 minutes, and they just have the same old same old stuff.

we are going on the GLory in Nov with a stop in Belize. Our family of 4 will be doing the horseback ride thru the rainforest with a lunch included at a lodge. My Mother & Aunt will be doing the excursion at the Rainforest Spa with lunch included. All spa services are reserved in advanced. Looks like a beautiful resort!

I just returned from the Miracle 7/30-8/6 cruise:

Regarding COZUMEL, there is only one functional dock still after the hurricanes last year. Apparently different lines take turns at docking at the only dock. The week we went (last week) was not our turn. The tenders are large in Cozumel and were not a problem. Every port that the Miracle went to was right on time for arrival and departure -almost to the minute.

You will find out if it is the Miracle's turn to dock at the port of call orientation meeting.

My DH and I have been to Belize 3 times now, the last with the Miracle. Each time we have gone on our own by water taxi to Caye Caulker, which is a delightful little island. The first time we rented a golf cart and drove around the island (which is tiny) and swam, sat in a hammock and had lunch at the Rasta Pasta. The second time we snorkelled with a local guide, sat in the hammock and had lunch at the Rasta Pasta. The third time we snorkelled with a local guide, sat in a hammock and had lunch at the Rasta Pasta. Guess what we'll do the fourth time? Love this island..... :0)

My DH and I have been to Belize 3 times now, the last with the Miracle. Each time we have gone on our own by water taxi to Caye Caulker, which is a delightful little island. The first time we rented a golf cart and drove around the island (which is tiny) and swam, sat in a hammock and had lunch at the Rasta Pasta. The second time we snorkelled with a local guide, sat in the hammock and had lunch at the Rasta Pasta. The third time we snorkelled with a local guide, sat in a hammock and had lunch at the Rasta Pasta. Guess what we'll do the fourth time? Love this island..... :0)

Did you contact a local guide before your trip or when you arrived? Your plan sounds right up our alley!

If you stay on the water taxi past caye cauker you will get to ambregrie caye, also a wonderfull beautiful island. No beggers or people hawking you to buy something. Takes about 45min by water taxi. Would recomend it.

Thanks for the info! How long did it take to water taxi over to Caye Caulker? Also, how did you find the snorkeling guide? Only 5 more sleeps 'til we're off!

borbs

Archived