Questions from a 1st Time Single Traveler

MemphisMark

Hey, all.

I've wanted to take a cruise ever since I was a kid glued to ABC Saturday nights watching The Love Boat. It's been a horrendous year for me, so as a treat to myself, I'm thinking of taking a dream vacation with Atlantis for the Barcelona to Athens cruise in July 2005.

I'm unattached at the moment, so I'm going to book alone.

Would really appreciate hearing about the experiences of other single travelers, positive or negative. I realize that it's largely incumbent upon one's chemistry with the other person, but maybe those with experience can offer encouragement or caveats.

Also, does anyone know of a website where I can find other people looking for a travel mate? This seems a better option than having someone else randomly select my cabinmate.

Travel is as important to me as breathing, but unfortunately, all of my friends are more interested in saving money for expensive cars and Prada shoes than they are in seeing the world.

Thanks in advance! :)

Mark

Mark, rather than book directly with the Atlantis, book the cruise through one of the major gay travel agents/agencies. This is a common problem and many times these agents know of people who want to do the same thing as you do... I am not allowed to name who I would suggest you try on this board.. but if you send me an email, I can give you some ideas.Matt

MemphisMark - drop this guy an e-mail; he always has lots of info and a website for all the Atlantis vacations. He'll be in the best position to assist a new cruiser.

AtlantisBruce@aol.com <AtlantisBruce@aol.com>

He isn't affiliated with Atlantis, but he does have sites for all the cruises that Atlantis offers, including the cruise through the Med.

Archived